TRS2009 - Translated built-in content?

treblesum81

Hi All,

Just wondering if there is a way to get all of the German language built-in content translated into English? I am interested in running many of the sessions, but I don't really get what I'm supposed to do because they are all in German and I just don't speak (let alone read) the language. At first I thought that I might have somehow gotten a German copy of the game, but it then wouldn't make sense that all of the game info was in English. Anyway, help here is greatly appreciated, because without a translation, the routes are basically just taking space and collecting dust...

Thanks,
Greg

The english versions are on the DLS, there's another thread around here somewhere about the session languages...

Ok, I'll have a look... Still more than a little confused why they wouldn't include all English and/or all German in one place rather than making us go and get them... then again, Auran works in mysterious ways... :p

Hi All,

Just wondering if there is a way to get all of the German language built-in content translated into English? I am interested in running many of the sessions, but I don't really get what I'm supposed to do because they are all in German and I just don't speak (let alone read) the language. At first I thought that I might have somehow gotten a German copy of the game, but it then wouldn't make sense that all of the game info was in English. Anyway, help here is greatly appreciated, because without a translation, the routes are basically just taking space and collecting dust...

Thanks,
Greg

Either one needs to learn German for this (and as this is out of the question) or you could post in the German TRS forum in english with your queries, a lot of german posters do speak english as they learn it in school and might translate for you.

I am lucky, I was born over there and it is my native tongue but I am too busy to do translations. Sorry :(

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Several minutes later: I'm not even able to find the built-in layouts / sessions on the DLS, even searching by KUID (which has never actually worked... so I don't know why I do it...and yes, I set all versions of trainz active and select all possible categories...), so now I'm really at a loss on how to find them. Also, how does one search by KUID on the DLS?

They are easy to find. In CMP search area with first criteria set for download station and then the next search criteria set as name and place Intro into it and all of the Intro session will show up.

Another way is to find the builtin assets named Intro and look at the version info and it will show the updated version. Show these in the main list and then move these to the download area.

Last edited:
All routes with the name "Intro" are in English... its many of the rest like "Marias Pass Approach", "Iberia Interior 4", "Bad Shandau", and "Electric Commuter" that seem to be only available in other languages... None of these seem to be available in English...

Back