TRS2004 session decouple help

tmz06003

I'm creating a basic session based on actual movements at a preserved railway, but have run into problems with uncoupling.

I want to move three coupled engines together to a station, uncouple the leading engine, run it into an adjacent platform and couple up to a passenger train.

The decouple command is available in driver, but not surveyor for the auto session. I've downloaded uncouplez and uncouplez from the DLS, these do work but then terminate the session, I need the session to continue.

I've checked other posts on this forum, but can't seem to get this operation to work, I've even tried moving the driver to another vehicle then back to the original vehicle, but it doesn't allow the original vehicle to be selected again. It is very frustrating that an operation as fundamental as uncoupling coupled locomotives seems to be so difficult! Any help appreciated.

Sounds like the driver is in one of the two locos left behind - the driver must be in the loco which is uncoupled....

Andy ;)

I've downloaded uncouplez and uncouplez from the DLS, these do work but then terminate the session, I need the session to continue.
Hi tmz0600.

The session shouldn't be terminating after the UnCouplez commands (I should know, I wrote them :D).

I would suggest checking that something else isn't causing the session to end, and if not, then try re-installing the UnCouplez commands.

The UnCouplez commands were written and tested during beta testing of TRS2004, and included with TRS2006, so there really shouldn't be any problems with them.
They've even been used in one of my tutorials by many people without casualties.:hehe:

http://www.smileydesign.co.uk/TrainzLab/2locos.htm

Although UnCouplez and UnCouplezFrom were the first commands to allow decoupling setup from within Surveyor, there have been others released since, so if you still have no luck, I would suggest checking them out.

Smiley.

Many thanks for that reply; I'll try re-installing the commands and see if that makes a difference.

I'm experiencing control returning to manual each time either uncouplez or split consist is successful, so there may be something else causing this. If the uncouple is unsuccessful, all 3 locos continue!

Back