Troubles with the Portals

sister

Co-founder TFF Italy
Hi everybody,
I have some troubles with the Portals with 22: no portal "consume" consist. They produces consists normally but there is no way for a consist to be "consumed" by the portal. I tried it with the basic, the iPortal and the newPortal with the same results: producing = yes, consuming = none.

What happens?
Are you using AI commands?
Also, which build number are you using?

Did a little test for Robert, (in the latest TRS22 beta)
-placed a portal basic (no configuration whatsoever)
-attached track,
-placed a train and went to driver
-gave command navigate to portal basic
-the train got eaten 1 vehicle at a time, as was t be expected

so the questions:
-what portal you used?
-did you configure anything?
-what command you gave to get there?

Also tested portals thoroughly in Build 116271 and found them to work correctly and as expected.
Portals tested - with short and very long consists and some reversed locos/ wagons - were Portal Basic Short and Portal Basic.
<kuid2:96914:22000:2> Portal Basic Short
<kuid2:30501:22006:5> Portal Basic

I use the basic portal in almost all my routes with over 50 consists running under AI control. The portals all work for me, both emitting and consuming.

There was an update many months ago for the basic portal which is available on the DLS. Do you have the latest update?

I have never had a "consuming" problem with any version of '19 or '22. The problem I have is that CPC script does not work after a session save and restart. No trains are emitted. I have to go into the session editor and reset CPC then it starts to work again.

First of all sorry for the delay in answer but I was away for business. I'll try the various suggestions and let you know. It was another user who found this problem but his English was too poor to try posting directly himself. Thanks for all your answers.

Something odd... I created a new layout, put a couple of Portals and try: everything went smooth and perfect.
I opened a layout created about one month ago always with TRS22, put the Portals and... consist derailed at the end of track as if no portal exists.
BTW I'm using the last beta (candidate release) and AI command (navigate to..)

Something odd... I created a new layout, put a couple of Portals and try: everything went smooth and perfect.
I opened a layout created about one month ago always with TRS22, put the Portals and... consist derailed at the end of track as if no portal exists.
BTW I'm using the last beta (candidate release) and AI command (navigate to..)

Roberto,

Have you tried reattaching the track?

Back