Trouble with road/rail crossing

jeff1959

I have been having trouble with making a proper crossing with one particular road asset. When I use "road with sidewalk" I have a terrible time creating a crossing. No matter which track crossing I use, I lose the track. Here's a picture of what I mean:

RoadwithSidewalkCrossing_zps5ea2a9bf.jpg

I want to use this road because it matches the intersections available (both 4-way and T) and looks good through my growing town. As it is, I have to bring the road up to the crossing, but not connect, or the rails disappear. I have three places this style road crosses a single track.

I checked on updates, but that didn't resolve my issue. Is there any solution, or is there a substitute road, with sidewalks, and intersections (for US roads)?

There's only one substitute road system that I can think of, the YARN road system.

The road works well with crossings, and there is a great variety of roads for in or out of the towns. They are on the DLS, just search "YARN".

Many road systems do this at level crossings, you just have to use trial and error to find one that works.

Also it might be worth, 1. Either attaching the road first, then the rails, or disconnecting the track spline and re-attaching to see if that puts the rails back on top.

Many road systems do this at level crossings, you just have to use trial and error to find one that works.

Also it might be worth, 1. Either attaching the road first, then the rails, or disconnecting the track spline and re-attaching to see if that puts the rails back on top.

That error is caused by the road spline being too high off the 0 of the plane, so essentially the road is floating over the crossing. Many of the newer roads do not have this problem.

Might try This, track only on crossing with just a little sticking each end then attach main line.
I haven't tried it yet but it might work.

Back