Request: Help with finding 1000mm road & track crossing boards.

ricomon35

SceneWright
I'm working on a 1000mm MRR layout of the Rhätische Bahn in Graubünden Canton, Switzerland.

The build is going well, but I cannot find any 1000mm, walkway or road crossing panels, (wood, concrete, (cast or slabs))

This pic shows what I am using, and would like something similar.

image.png

I have found one asphalt track crossing panel, but it sticks up rather abruptly from the road surface of the TRC 5 track stopper I'm using

tagging Trainzers I think might know >>> @Forester1 , @JCitron , @JAGG , @GIRAUD , @fant_autentico , @mick1960 , @Frisson78 , @MasterTracklayer , @vincentrh

Rico

Last edited:
Awww, thank you for thinking of me!

Ok, I infer from your picture that you are wanting crossings for paths and/or roads, and from your text that you are finding it difficult to locate any that match your requirements. Am I even close?

As for "1000mm", isn`t 1000mm the same thing as one meter? That sounds suitable for a track gauge specification. The sample grade crossing has lights but no gates. Does this matter? Do the foot-crossings need to have spline points with which to connect with a path?

My interest in track is primarily four-foot eight-and-a-half-inch gauge, so I have very few examples of one-meter gauge track in my library, and am thus not likely to be of much additional assistance, but I hope that I`ve been able to help you clarify what you`re seeking, so as to make it easier for the others to assist.

Weird, I never got the alert I`m supposed to get for you having mentioned me. You`re lucky that I happened to stumble across your thread and decide to give it a look. I`m reporting this. Good luck!

@vincentrh might be able to help. He created a bunch of 1000mm rail infrastructure and if he doesn't have any, he may be able to direct you.

The other one who might is @brickcourt who has made many Swiss narrow gauge (1000mm) assets.

Awww, thank you for thinking of me!

Ok, I infer from your picture that you are wanting crossings for paths and/or roads, and from your text that you are finding it difficult to locate any that match your requirements. Am I even close?

As for "1000mm", isn`t 1000mm the same thing as one meter? That sounds suitable for a track gauge specification. The sample grade crossing has lights but no gates. Does this matter? Do the foot-crossings need to have spline points with which to connect with a path?

My interest in track is primarily four-foot eight-and-a-half-inch gauge, so I have very few examples of one-meter gauge track in my library, and am thus not likely to be of much additional assistance, but I hope that I`ve been able to help you clarify what you`re seeking, so as to make it easier for the others to assist.

Weird, I never got the alert I`m supposed to get for you having mentioned me. You`re lucky that I happened to stumble across your thread and decide to give it a look. I`m reporting this. Good luck!
I am looking for the panels that cover the space between tracks and then on each side of a track, like in the pic, but at 1meter gauge, or 1000mm as it's called for the line I'm modeling.

Look at the pics in this link, to see > Track crossing panels , preferably concrete fill, or slab, even asphalt. If there were checkrails, they could work, as they would cut-out the gap where the bogie wheels roll.

The walkway one's like these > Track walkway crossing panels,

Rico

@vincentrh might be able to help. He created a bunch of 1000mm rail infrastructure and if he doesn't have any, he may be able to direct you.

The other one who might is @brickcourt who has made many Swiss narrow gauge (1000mm) assets.
Thanks J. I have all of brickcourts DLS stuff already, no crossing boards. Might be due to that rail line not having very many road crossings in the mountain areas. Most are under/over track roads.

I tagged vincent as well, thanks :)

Rico

I did find a solution. I reskinned trainman184's JP Xing boards to my asphalt texture from these new RS3 reskinned roads I'm releasing.

The match is good, and they look pretty decent. Not perfect but good I think.

I paired the 2.5m pieces with some ramped slab pieces in the cxx track object series.

Gives a nice mixed-age look to the scene. Yes, that's a new reskin of the little meter gauge switcher Koef ll by Euromodeller :)

Screenshot
image.png

If anyone does find other metric, 1000mm grade crossing boards/panels and/or some pedestrian boards/panels, please share the sources, as I am going to build a larger 1000mm gauge MRR of the Rhatische Bahn after this one releases.

Rico

I did find a solution. I reskinned trainman184's JP Xing boards to my asphalt texture from these new RS3 reskinned roads I'm releasing.

The match is good, and they look pretty decent. Not perfect but good I think.

I paired the 2.5m pieces with some ramped slab pieces in the cxx track object series.

Gives a nice mixed-age look to the scene. Yes, that's a new reskin of the little meter gauge switcher Koef ll by Euromodeller :)

Screenshot
image.png

If anyone does find other metric, 1000mm grade crossing boards/panels and/or some pedestrian boards/panels, please share the sources, as I am going to build a larger 1000mm gauge MRR of the Rhatische Bahn after this one releases.

Rico
Rico, That reskin looks really good in the way you changed it! ;)(y)

Rico, That reskin looks really good in the way you changed it! ;)(y)
Which? The board pieces or the loco?

Either way thank you :)

The loco was just a color match operation in PS CC 2019, and copying/blending the official RhB font logo.

I would rather use the RhB GE 2/2 Shunter, or the newer TM 2/2, but no one has made these for our sim yet, so I reskinned the little German shunter, not ideal since it was not built by a Swiss mfg.

RhB GE 2/2
1280px-161_Tirano%2C_2014_%2802%29.JPG

TM 2/2

50204257638_7773dee45b_b.jpg

Rico

Last edited:
Which? The board pieces or the loco?

Either way thank you :)

The loco was just a color match operation in PS CC 2019, and copying/blending the official RhB font logo.

I would rather use the RhB GE 2/2 Shunter, or the newer TM 2/2, but no one has made these for our sim yet, so I reskinned the little German shunter, not ideal since it was not built by a Swiss mfg.

RhB GE 2/2
1280px-161_Tirano%2C_2014_%2802%29.JPG

TM 2/2

50204257638_7773dee45b_b.jpg

Rico
I am embarrassed now, :oops: completely missed the little Shunter in your picture of Crossing Boards.

Like it too. I was fixated on the Crossing Boards you reskinned. ;)

Back