Tri-State Railroads: Phase I - The Port Jervis Line

Trundra certainly made the best shrubbery freely available. I use them on all of my routes just because it looks so damn good. I tried going speedtree/3D but it just does not look right at this point in time.

But awesome work trainzpro! The route looks very promising and spectacular so far! Keep it up!

Trundra certainly made the best shrubbery freely available. I use them on all of my routes just because it looks so damn good. I tried going speedtree/3D but it just does not look right at this point in time.

But awesome work trainzpro! The route looks very promising and spectacular so far! Keep it up!

Thanks. I would definitely agree with that big time.

Anyways, would anyone happen to know who or where I could find something like these on the DLS or wherever? I have the signals. I'm just looking for the towers. Apparently, they use several of these on the Jersey side of the line.

signals.jpg

Mr. "csxt4617" made some assets called "Signal bracket".
I think they are on the DLS.
"Seniorchief" also made brackets for his N&W style PLs.

Hope it helps.
:)

Mr. "csxt4617" made some assets called "Signal bracket".
I think they are on the DLS.
"Seniorchief" also made brackets for his N&W style PLs.

Hope it helps.
:)

Thanks, but they're still not exactly what I'm looking for. I think I'll just whip up some in Blender instead (no pun intended).:p

Yet another imperfect terrain merge right at Allendale Station...
trainzpro_20110510_0000.jpg

Fortunately, I was able to merge the rest of the route all in MicroDEM, so it should definitely be smooth sailing all the way to Hoboken! YAY!:)

Last edited:
Looks very good Can't wait to download this route when in it finished.

One thing I notice Suffern Yard has 5 passenger yard tracks and 5 freight Tracks (Hillburn Yard) Looks like your short one track for both passenger and freight.

NYS&W operates on the Tier between Hudson Jct.(east of Campell Hall) and Port Jervis.

NS runs trains between Coxton Yard and Suffern and Campell Hall where locals in Suffern serve customers between Suffern and Patterson and where Local in campell hall serves customers on the tier and Hudson Secdondry.

Looks very good Can't wait to download this route when in it finished.

One thing I notice Suffern Yard has 5 passenger yard tracks and 5 freight Tracks (Hillburn Yard) Looks like your short one track for both passenger and freight.

NYS&W operates on the Tier between Hudson Jct.(east of Campell Hall) and Port Jervis.

NS runs trains between Coxton Yard and Suffern and Campell Hall where locals in Suffern serve customers between Suffern and Patterson and where Local in campell hall serves customers on the tier and Hudson Secdondry.

Thanks. I really appreciate the info. It will definitely come in handy as I make up sessions/activities for the route.;) As far as Suffern Yard, yes I do realize that it's missing some 'real estate' because of the terrain merge. So it's not exactly prototypical, but close.

Last edited:
*Bump*

*Please excuse this Thread Bump*
Just a thought, have you finished Ho-Ho-Kus yet? I could picture myself driving an F40PH on this route!:)

This is not a bump. A bump is when you reply to an old thread or post that is a couple of months old. If you do not have an important reply that will revive the thread, many people will find it to be annoying.

My first EVER custom track for Trainz!!!

Yeah, yeah. I know, I know. I've been back and forth deciding on which tracks to use in my layout. This time, I finally came to a conclusion. While the current version of the route will still have Trunda's tracks, I decided to kinda jump ahead and get a head start on making custom tracks as well as other trackside objects including stations, signals, etc. for the latter versions of the route. Of course I couldn't possibly model every single object on the layout, so objects that are further away from the tracks and repetitive objects will remain as they are.

Blender render...try saying that ten times fast! :p
tp_trackandsignal2.jpg

The pole in the background is part of the new signal tower that I'm working on.

Testing the new track in-game. Took me about three hours to get it there, longer than it took me to do the actual 3D mesh!
trainzpro_20110613_0001.jpg

Train with mixed power on the tracks...
trainzpro_20110613_0002.jpg

Definitely goes nice with highly detailed rolling stock such as JR's tank cars...
trainzpro_20110613_0003.jpg

trainzpro_20110613_0004.jpg

There's still a long ways to go. As always, I shall keep everyone posted on my progress. ;)

Until then...
trainzpro

Last edited:
Updated the base textures and lowered the mesh a little bit so wheels do not cut into the track. The seams still need some work though.;)

trainzpro_20110614_0007.jpg

trainzpro_20110614_0006.jpg

Working on the track's LOD. It's textured on top to "fake" the 3D rails and ties while keeping frame rates in check.;)

tp_trackandsignal3.jpg

trainzpro_20110614_0002.jpg

At a crossing...
trainzpro_20110614_0005.jpg

-trainzpro

Try not to drool just yet...

Track now mapped with textures made from edited photos I took near the tracks yesterday. Also made custom ground textures to go with the tracks.

Comes in two different flavors...uh, I mean colors...:p

trainzpro_20110617_0005.jpg

trainzpro_20110617_0002.jpg

trainzpro_20110617_0001.jpg

trainzpro_20110617_0000.jpg

trainzpro_20110617_0008.jpg

As you can see, the brown colored ballast was kinda made to blend in with Trunda's scenery. Tracks are pretty much finished except for some minor flaws in the texture that need to be fixed. There will be more ballast colors and different track variants as time (and the route) progresses.

-trainzpro

Absolutely amazing....:udrool:

Sorry let me clean that up:mop: hehehe.

Keep up the awesome work! I look forward to more progress.

Nice job!!!
btw, do you have any friends that know how to back-date routes?

Thanks.:) Forgive me, but when you say back-dating, do you mean taking a route made for a newer version of Trainz and making it work on an older version, say, a TS2010 route for TS2006? If so, then I'm not exactly sure. Nor do I really know anyone who can (yet). But if you know how to edit content, then maybe you could try replacing newer assets in the route with older ones? Don't know if it's possible, but I guess it's worth a try.

Thanks.:) Forgive me, but when you say back-dating, do you mean taking a route made for a newer version of Trainz and making it work on an older version, say, a TS2010 route for TS2006? If so, then I'm not exactly sure. Nor do I really know anyone who can (yet). But if you know how to edit content, then maybe you could try replacing newer assets in the route with older ones? Don't know if it's possible, but I guess it's worth a try.

A way you could do it is backdating all the objects then it'll be backdated. Also, is the "blue print" route on DLS? I noticed the red and blue textures in the Work in progress pics.

Also, is the "blue print" route on DLS? I noticed the red and blue textures in the Work in progress pics.

If you're referring to the DEM terrain with the HOG textures, then no. That was made using DEM and TIGER data from the USGS via a site called www.geocomm.com.

Update on the LOD mesh...;)

Standard, full detailed mesh (about 1944 polys)...

track_standard_demo.jpg

...and the LOD mesh (about 732 polys).

track_lod_demo.jpg

The LOD version has the tieplates (I think that's what they're called) replaced with flat textured single poly meshes on each side. This actually has a difference of over 1,200 polys.

Looking at it from a distance, they both appear the same.

Before (prior to texturing, of course)...

trainzpro_20110614_0002.jpg

and after...

trainzpro_20110618_0000.jpg

I know y'all are probably getting tired of seeing just track updates, so I think this will be the last posting about the tracks for a while as I would like to get back on topic with the route itself.

-trainzpro

Last edited:
Trying Out Some New Roads...

trainzpro_20110803_0012.jpg

trainzpro_20110803_0013.jpg

trainzpro_20110804_0000.jpg

...and when I say new, I mean new as in made from scratch. Even the textures are of my own photos and "hand-drawn" lines.

...oh, and some updates...:p

Mahwah...

trainzpro_20110708_0000.jpg

Waldwick...

trainzpro_20110729_0001.jpg

...and a good shot of the curve under Wyckoff Avenue just south of Waldwick station.

trainzpro_20110729_0002.jpg

-trainzpro

Back