Trees in mid-air

goodell911

http://www.gaurc.us
I occasionally find tree groups in odd locations and unusual elevations; in mid-air. They look like pines, 4 or 5 of them. This happens on various maps and seems to be random.

I can't select them so that I can delete them. But, there they are. I also havent been able to find the object (yet) to come up with a kuid. I saw something somewhere about removing the kuid from a file or list... but I saw that before I realized I had this problem. And, I don't really want to remove EVERY occurance, just the oddballs.

What causes this and how can I fix it? It's really frustrating.

TRS2006 SP1

Last edited:
Not uncommon when trees - particularly groups have been placed on "uneven" ground.
Solution is usually to go into the Surveyor Objects Menu and highlight the left lower button (get object) make sure you have the all selected in the menu list - left click on the tree and you should then be able to identify the name of the object.
I just go into the menu and select "move button" the second one down and move the tree or even use "height button" and correct the mistake.
Providing you are in the correct Menu you should be able to correct this error without removing the tree or group of trees.
Hope this helps.
Ron

Did you try deleting them as splines? Possibly the author didn't notice that the spline extended down a slope.
Norm

Back