trainz won't work again

trainzbroken

OK used the DLS to get some locos and now the game will not work AT ALL. either it does not open when clicking on the shortcut or it opens but freezes requring me to restart the computer to get rid of it. what gives. im not going to re-install the game cause then i loose everything. its TRS2006 no error messages it just locks up causing the computer to lock up. it worked untill the DLS.

Go to C//:program files/auran/cache and delete the assets.bku file. Then go to the launch screen and select manage content. This should bring up CMP. Next press CTRL+ALT+DEL and go to the processes tab. click on user name to organize the processes. Go down the list and find the one that is named Launcher. Click on this and press the end process button. CMP should have a popup that says rebuilding asset database. Go do something else, it could take a while. Eventually it will either go back to normal, or you will get a messege saying that it has encountered an error and needs to shut down. If you get this message, press don't send, then start cmp back up. It should continue to process the assets for a few more minutes, then go back to working condition.

Hopefully this helps. It is a pain and I have to go through it everytime that i accidentally freeze TRS, but it works.

Go to C//:program files/auran/cache and delete the assets.bku file. Then go to the launch screen and select manage content. This should bring up CMP. Next press CTRL+ALT+DEL and go to the processes tab. click on user name to organize the processes. Go down the list and find the one that is named Launcher. Click on this and press the end process button. CMP should have a popup that says rebuilding asset database. Go do something else, it could take a while. Eventually it will either go back to normal, or you will get a messege saying that it has encountered an error and needs to shut down. If you get this message, press don't send, then start cmp back up. It should continue to process the assets for a few more minutes, then go back to working condition.

Hopefully this helps. It is a pain and I have to go through it everytime that i accidentally freeze TRS, but it works.

ok deleted it and clicked on the manage content but the CMP does not open it opens up clear then white and freezes it doe nothing and when i click the red x in the upper right hand corner i get the program is not responding

Last edited:
now i can't get the launce screen to come up and neather will the one for drivers north american. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM THAT EVERYTIME YOU DOWNLOAD SOMETHING FROM DLS IT FS-UPS THE GAMES

hmm, that really sucks dude. It sounds kinda like what happened to me a while back when I first got the game. Basically something got corrupted, rendering 06 unoperatable. The kicker was, when I went to uninstall it, i couldn't because it was corrupted. Luckily I had 04 to play around with til i restored my hard drive. Might not be what is happening to you though, so don't panic. I hope that you can get it working.

Sometimes if you delete assets.tdx the launcher will rebuild it. All you need to do is to end the launcher using task manager, delete assets.tdx and assets.bku if it is in the cache folder (don't worry if it isn't) then run the launcher and open CMP if it comes up. If it dosen't then don't worry, carry on with the proces below. Then open task manger. Find the launcher process/or the CMP orcess if it opened BUT DO NOT END IT. Watch the numbers on the far right that will look something like 12,345k and the numbers one column in. The far right column is the memory usage and one column in is the processor usage. If the memory usage is going up and the processor usage is less than 90% (40% for dual cores), then waid for the launcher/CMP to rebuild assets.tdx. If the processor usage gets stuck at 100% (an entire core for multi-cores) then the launcher/CMP has crashed. End the processes and repeat from the beginning.

it always says cpu usage 100% even when tranz is not running also cannot delete assests.tdx says its being used by another program. cmp does not open it opens up clear then if you click the mouse it turns white but does nothing. try to close "program not responding" MSTS works so i know the graphic card is not the problem this time. something corrupted the games. someone on here uploaded a virus i bet to the DLS which is causing this though nothing shows up in the scan.

Last edited:
it always says cpu usage 100% even when tranz is not running also cannot delete assests.tdx says its being used by another program. cmp does not open it opens up clear then if you click the mouse it turns white but does nothing. try to close "program not responding" MSTS works so i know the graphic card is not the problem this time. something corrupted the games. someone on here uploaded a virus i bet to the DLS which is causing this though nothing shows up in the scan.

You need to restart your computer and then follow the steps I have given.

Alternatively, search task manger for multiple copies of launcher or CMP running, kill them and then follow the steps.

ok rebooted deleted assetes tdx and opend cmp it stayed white but then opened. opened task manger processes and found cmd which is at 65,956MB cpu usage is around 4% or less everything is rebuilt now what. do i loose what i downloaded or will it work.

still not working. did everything both things were rebuilt cmp takes forever to come up and the game STILL FREEZES it opened clicked on run the aruan logo plays goes to the loading page and stops. does not go beyond that. thanks allot aruan re-mind me never to use the DLS again. im just goint have to do a full wipe of the games and re-install it this sucks.

Hi,

If you start CMP after deleting the assets.tdx and assets.bku files it will probably lockup and not respond as there is no asset database for it to use.

After you delete assets.tdx and assets.bku start TRS06, it will stay at the "loading" screen (the one with the lights) for a while as it rebuilds the database. Once finished it will go to the main menu, at this point you can exit and start CMP.

If I ever have any problems with CMP that is what I do.

Hi,

If you start CMP after deleting the assets.tdx and assets.bku files it will probably lockup and not respond as there is no asset database for it to use.

After you delete assets.tdx and assets.bku start TRS06, it will stay at the "loading" screen (the one with the lights) for a while as it rebuilds the database. Once finished it will go to the main menu, at this point you can exit and start CMP.

If I ever have any problems with CMP that is what I do.
When i have this problem i also delete my user name & password from the options (planet auran login), page. stops CMP from calling home.

I allways do a restart before doing this fix. just delete username & password first, then delete assets.tdx/bku, then launch trs 06 (NOT CMP),& WAIT... you must give the database time to rebuild. you should hear the hard drive rebuilding it. The trick here is patience

It sounds like you're not waiting long enough to CMP to finish what it's doing. Whenever you're rebuilding the assets.tdx file, or CMP is busy reading stuff, don't touch CMP or in particular any other application. CMP is busy doing stuff and will not respond back to anything that it's doing so the program says not responding, which it really is true. It's not responding to you because it's busy doing something else!

I recommend finding something else to do instead of touching the computer. I go off an practice the piano, go for a walk, or even take a nap while the program is busy like this. When it's complete, CMP will finish up and open up the screen. Another thing that helps is running CMP without running if from the launcher. Go to the C:\Program Files\Auran\TRs2006 directory and look for the CMP.exe. Make a shortcut to this on your desktop and launch CMP seperately. This ensures that it has the maximum amount of memory and nothing else to compete with it for processing power other than what's normally running on your computer.

John

but like i said the files showed up so i thought it was rebuilt so i open the launcer click go and leave it alone. do i have to do this everytime i use the DLS if so im never using it again.

well i opened tranzs launcer and clicked load and waited nothing happend. its not rebuilding i don't hear the hardrive. thats what i've been telling you ITS NOT FIXIBLE THE FILES SHOWED UP AFTER THE FIRST TRY BUT IT STILL FROZE. CMP OPENED AFTER A MINUTE AND AND STUFF BUT THE GAME STILL WON'T LOAD SO ITS F'D UP.

so i deleted the 2 files restarted computer and went to launcher and clicked on manage content and waited for it to rebuild which it did and opened. but if i click on load the game the game doesn't load thats what i've been trying to tell you people if you would listin. the cmp rebuilt the files but the game doesn't work.

Back