Trainz flashing colors and shapes + freezing

I seemed to remember Midtown Madness and the conflicts with Dx7... Almost certainly something from that. It would be interesting to know the hardware involved ...

What kind of computer is this?

What are the temperatures inside your computer?

Did you touch any of the developer settings on the Developer menu item prior to using Trainz?

What kind of computer is this?

What are the temperatures inside your computer?

Did you touch any of the developer settings on the Developer menu item prior to using Trainz?
My computer is an ASUS Dash F15 series gaming laptop.

I do not know the temperature, but I can tell you it was very hot to the touch

I did not touch any developer settings at all.

My computer is an ASUS Dash F15 series gaming laptop.

I do not know the temperature, but I can tell you it was very hot to the touch

I did not touch any developer settings at all.

It could also be that your GPU is flaky and the extra work by Trainz is causing the GPU to fail. I've seen this behavior before with both ancient video cards and modern ones alike. In the olden days we would heat the circuits with a heat gun to force a failure with marginal components when a report came in that the graphics was flaky. Sure enough, something was bad and one of the chips was marginal when warm.

I would contact support and have your laptop looked at. I've seen this before many times as a tech and not long ago with an older EVGA video card that I was able to replace at the time under warranty.

You may want to install or check hardware monitoring software. ASUS has one for their hardware but if they don't you can always use MSI Afterburner.

It could also be that your GPU is flaky and the extra work by Trainz is causing the GPU to fail. I've seen this behavior before with both ancient video cards and modern ones alike. In the olden days we would heat the circuits with a heat gun to force a failure with marginal components when a report came in that the graphics was flaky. Sure enough, something was bad and one of the chips was marginal when warm.

I would contact support and have your laptop looked at. I've seen this before many times as a tech and not long ago with an older EVGA video card that I was able to replace at the time under warranty.

You may want to install or check hardware monitoring software. ASUS has one for their hardware but if they don't you can always use MSI Afterburner.
Thank you for the help, I will come back here to report what happens.

Back