Trainz Eastern Route-The Volunteer Line

I have opened this thread by request from the Threadstarter after some posts were removed. Let's keep it on topic.

Cheers

AJ

Glad your back....

:cool: Hello Red, are you using the original route map(Pokey Div) for this or is it a frelanced route?

Thanks for using DEM!

We laid track using the guidelines in the DEM. We moved a few yards around here and there for our own concept ideas and at placed used tunnels to add to the feel and also cut some twists.

We also contacted NS and asked some questions and they are sending us a timetable for the area covered and we’re using it as well to add immersion.

If one wanted they could tear up our main yard more it north and relay it and run it as the Pokey.

But in the end we’ve tried to stay true to the track guide in the DEM. Which is also another reason we went and used fictional names for towns and didn’t do a true representation of the area we started out to do, the fit just wasn’t there.

Very good...

:cool: That's good, the route is original for the most part, being isolated from properties it once had, you have improvised what you need to support the route & that is just what we need.

Portals for off route entrance & exit adds excitement to the game.

Actual terrain maps any way provided will eventually give us any direction we so wish to get too!

It looks like you have a clue on how to get to realistic track profile & we will help any way we can.

I am always looking for detailed authentic maps to learn, mark-up on & run the wheels slam off my locomotives!

Last edited:
Am I the only one who actually figured out the irony in the first post in this thread:hehe: ?

Great looking screenshots there, Red ... very detail with the selected scenery!

Keep up the good work, and give us more please!! LOL -- thanks!:wave: :)

Ish

PS. Thanks AJ for unlocking the door of this thread ... now we can sit and have coffee and donuts, etc and enjoy Red continuous progress from his route!!

Thanks Ish.

We are progressing along on this one and are talking over some other ideas to do. Since there is a good bit of interest in the Grafton area and a free DEM out there; we may tackle it next. That would be two of the big coal lines in the country.

Northbound is good....

:cool: I hear some awesome railroading is going on in the Grafton area.

I have created a DEM of the Interstate Railroad if your interested....

In TRS2004, TRS2006 or TS2009.

I have been working a route in TRS2004, the first I have worked 'o4 in years & I must say route-building is easier in 'o4.

I don’t have any experience with 04.

We’ve also had a number of community members step forward and offer their work for Trainz Eastern Routez; which is humbling to say the least.

I’d be interested for sure. I’d also enjoy the chance to work with you on any project you felt like sharing with us. Our goal is just to satisfy the community’s desire for top quality and free routes.

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
--Albert Pine

The bridge is the yard limits. Working north with texturing. Again working shots.

trainz2009-12-1713-18-54-43bmp.jpg

trainz2009-12-1713-19-39-96bmp.jpg

trainz2009-12-1713-23-13-39bmp.jpg

trainz2009-12-1713-24-11-49bmp.jpg

Thanks Ish.

We are progressing along on this one and are talking over some other ideas to do. Since there is a good bit of interest in the Grafton area and a free DEM out there; we may tackle it next. That would be two of the big coal lines in the country.

You're welcome Red, and I'm happy that YOU ARE working on this project, without sorting people! ... if you catch my meaning!

Looking forward to reading/viewing what you have store for us!! :wave:

Ishie

Thanks Jade, I have a "be safe" as well as a "welcome home crews" sign for the yard. I felt it gave it a family feel. The idea came from Digby Trucking in Nashville, TN.

We now have patched units from CSX, NS, Clinchfield, Conrail, Family Systems and some of our own paint. I like them each for its own reason.

We've cut spline trees out and have replaced them with other products, and are making our way north.

Hi all
Please refrain from bringing personal disagreements to these forums.

These forums are not a place for you to discuss your personal disagreements. Any further discussions on this specific topic will result in further actions being taken.
We thank you for your cooperation.

The Family Lines System?

:cool: Oh gee great!

Here is a Family Lines paint diagram I made for Nikos1 quite awhile back...
family20lines20system20bd3.png

Nikos1 did several SD40-2's on it, it matches the Jointed Rail GP38-2 loco also.

You will see it is not plagued with a camera filter but feel free to weather it as you see fit...!

Tonight, I updated the mask shown that was done using Prjindigo's loco & got it running in TS2009.

The original was a 512x512 map, I updated it by larging it to 1024x1024 but it needs weathering...can you do that?

Back