Trainz Classics UK website (updated 1st June)

Mike10

Today's update (which is a little later than I hoped TBH) is to add three short videos to the site. www.trainzclassics.co.uk

I've also updated the FAQs page, which now includes the system requirements.

Mike.

EDIT: Ooops. where did that w come from in the thread title? (Fixed:))

Last edited by a moderator:
Q1: Do the alternate passenger sets have the animated passengers?

Q2: Where are we supposed to purchase this? I note that Auran doesn't even have TC 1/2 in stock.

Thanks John

Still looking for information on what industries are going to be in there.
I was sold on the quality of the rolling stock that's going to be included (which is no mean feat, I can tell you), but is information on the industries used on the route and industries included with TC3 forthcoming?

Or do we have to wait for it's release to find out?
If so, then that would suggest it's bad news.

Smiley.

Still looking for information on what industries are going to be in there.
I was sold on the quality of the rolling stock that's going to be included (which is no mean feat, I can tell you), but is information on the industries used on the route and industries included with TC3 forthcoming?

Or do we have to wait for it's release to find out?
If so, then that would suggest it's bad news.
I'd suggest it doesn't matter. As most of the industries are implemented as MINs you can reprogram them to use whatever products you want. Why is this so important?

Paul

New;

S&C appleby dairy
S&C Diesel fuel point
S&C Durran Hill Coal Stage
S&C Garsdale water troughs
S&C Goods Shed Kirkby Stephen
S&C Goods Shed London Road
S&C Goods Shed Petteril Bridge
S&C Goods Shed 3 wagon (brown stone)
S&C Goods Shed 3 wagon (grey stone)
S&C Goods Shed 3 wagon (Hawes)
S&C Goods Shed 5 wagon (brown stone)
S&C Goods Shed 5 wagon (grey stone)
S&C Goods Shed 5 wagon (red stone)
S&C Granite Loader
S&C Hellifield Coal Stage
S&C Long Meg Mine Loader
S&C Skipton Coal Stage
S&C Upperby Coal Stage
S&C Water Column Ground
S&C Water Column Platform
water trough 300m
water trough 400m
water trough 500m

Brought forward;

Industry Multiple Advanced
Industry Powerstation
Industry Lumber Mill
Industry Oil Refinery
Industry Airport
Industry Coal Mine
Industry Forestry
Industry SteamLoco Depot
Industry Oil Field
Industry Seaport
Industry Container Depot
Industry Multiple Liquids
Industry Coal Mine Basic
Industry Airport Basic
Industry Container Depot Basic
Industry Forestry Basic
Industry Lumber Mill Basic
Industry Oil Field Basic
Industry Oil Refinery Basic
Industry Powerstation Basic
Industry Seaport Basic
Industry Multiple Basic
Industry Pulp Mill

Hopefully there's enough there for you.

Mike.

Last edited:
Mike

Are you able to say (disclose?) any more about how the handling of Alpha channels has been improved on TC3? I'm particularly interested in whether the handling of images with fairly large alpha transparencies, such as coach sides, has been improved. For somebody like myself with limited creative abilities, the ability of Trainz to handle this as well as MSTS does, would be a great leap forward.

I'd suggest it doesn't matter........Why is this so important?
What a stupid question!

Let's say that I decide to build a route that has an Airport in it, and maybe a full dock layout, and perhaps a container station too, and I want to use both the Airport, Docks, and container station industries that were available in TRS.

If they're in TC3 then great!
If they're not in TC3 because only the industries needed on the route were included, then damn it, here we go again!

Do you see why it could be important to some people?

Stick to modelling mate.
PR obviously isn't your strong point.

Thanks Mike, for posting information that was relevant to my question, which more than quashed my worries.
That list includes pretty much everything that I would like to see carried over, and plenty more.
That'll do nicely.

In fact, I'm actually looking forward to TC3 a little bit. :eek:

Smiley.

What a stupid question!

Do you see why it could be important to some people?

Stick to modelling mate.
PR obviously isn't your strong point.
I don't quite see why you feel the need to be so aggressive. I suggested it didn't matter, (I didn't say it didn't matter) and I asked you to explain why you thought it was important - I don't remember claiming to be a PR expert either.

I tell you what, you ignore my posts and I'll ignore yours, that will be better for your blood pressure.

Paul

Mike

Are you able to say (disclose?) any more about how the handling of Alpha channels has been improved on TC3? I'm particularly interested in whether the handling of images with fairly large alpha transparencies, such as coach sides, has been improved. For somebody like myself with limited creative abilities, the ability of Trainz to handle this as well as MSTS does, would be a great leap forward.

The 'coach sides' situation is not really something I've looked too closely at. I do know of the issue but I tend not to model in that manner so haven't noticed anything.

If it helps, one of the stations I built, at certain angles, allowed me to look through 10 layers of opacity mapped planes (5 facing me and 5 facing away), I didn't see any problems. (That's from memory, it may have even been a few more to be honest)

Have you some example assets in mind I can look at? (not that I can promise anything, obviously)

Mike.

(Who is probably a little too 'loose lipped' of late and could be heading for trouble if he's not careful ;))

Last edited:
I don't quite see why you feel the need to be so aggressive.
Maybe it did come across as aggressive, maybe not.
Without intonation, forums and chat rooms are rife with posts where things don't quite come across as they should.

Having said that, your last comment of "why is this so important?" did get up my back.
It's not for you to question why it's important that people (or maybe just me) want the industries that we're used to.
The funny thing is, if you knew what industries were going to be in the game, why would you post a comment like you did?

Could it be that you have a problem with ME asking questions about TC3?
Wouldn't it have been better to have just listed what you knew was in there, rather than trying to "suggest" that it didn't matter.
Not your call mate.

....that will be better for your blood pressure.
Thanks for the concern, but at 41 I'm fitter now than I was when I was in my 20s. LOL
Never been in Hospital for illness, haven't seen a doctor for illness for nearly 10 years.

My patience may not be what it could be, but my health is fine. :hehe:

Glad you're thinking of me. lol

Smiley.

The funny thing is, if you knew what industries were going to be in the game, why would you post a comment like you did?

Could it be that you have a problem with ME asking questions about TC3?
Wouldn't it have been better to have just listed what you knew was in there, rather than trying to "suggest" that it didn't matter.
Not your call mate.

I'm pretty sure Paul has no problems with you asking questions, I think there's only a few people he does have problems with, and you aren't one of them ;)

Whilst Paul does know what industries are included he's obviously under NDA so cannot technically tell anyone about it. I can get authorisation to release information when required, or, maybe I'm just more prepared to play 'fast and loose' with my NDA.

Mike.

Q1: Do the alternate passenger sets have the animated passengers?

Q2: Where are we supposed to purchase this? I note that Auran doesn't even have TC 1/2 in stock.

Thanks John

Sorry John, missed your questions somehow.

Q1 - What animated passengers?

Q2 - Don't worry, there will be 'Buy me now' clicky things on the trainzclassics website as soon as you are able to put in a pre-order. And posts on the forum to let you know.

Mike.

Q2 - Don't worry, there will be 'Buy me now' clicky things on the trainzclassics website as soon as you are able to put in a pre-order. And posts on the forum to let you know.

Mike.

and that 'Buy me now' clicky things will link to the Auran Shop Online? I'm aye correct?
and also will you be shipping out UK orders Mike10 like you done with 06?:)

Q1 - What animated passengers?

Mike.

Q1:

Animated passengers appear to be possible

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=26396&highlight=Neoklai

So it should be technically possible to reference them in a passenger set. It's probably something that is covered by the none disclosure agreement whether they are present or not, so I shouldn't worry I'll just look forward to seeing them when I buy the product.

Q2:

Having heard Mr. Hilliam predict going gold the middle of May I just wondered if it had gone gold and the DVDs were sitting somewhere in boxes but perhaps Auran had got rid of the person who runs the shop since TC1/2 has been out of stock for some time now.

Some days I feel wickeder than others.

Cheerio John

Q1:

Animated passengers appear to be possible

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=26396&highlight=Neoklai

So it should be technically possible to reference them in a passenger set. It's probably something that is covered by the none disclosure agreement whether they are present or not, so I shouldn't worry I'll just look forward to seeing them when I buy the product.

Don't forget that those people are scenery items, not products, with several different animations. To use them as a passenger product you would need to place every attachment point with every animation in mind to ensure they don't walk through walls, posts, trains or each other. And then when they're on the train...

Back