Trainz 06 Stops Responding After Clicking Save on a DEM Route.... OS: Windows Vista

Isaacg

Hey guys!

I'm not sure why, but every time I click save on a DEM, the Dialogue box asks to save as new route, overwrite, or save new session, etc appears. I click on overwrite current route, then the dialogue box closes. After 2 minutes, the screen turns grey, and a Microsoft Windows Error box appears saying that Micrososft is finding a solution, and all that rubbish. I wait for it to process then I click on the close button, then the Windows desktop appears as it was before Trainz was launched. I've had it up to here.... is there a solution for this? If not, then I'm afraid I'll have to postpone the Chicago Rail Network System, as I need the DEM to create a prototypical feeling towards the route. I might go back to Apple, as its more reliable. Every time something like this happens, I wonder if this is really a full-fledged working simulator(seems like they're betas that you purchase at a large software corp.). I've never had these problems in MSTS. Unfortunately, I can not use MSTS anymore, as my CDs corrupted and they don't sell it in my region anymore.

Isaac

the largest issue ive had with vista and trainz, any version, is the permissions and where its installed. generally, trainz seems to work better outside the program files directory, as in c:\trs2006, etc..

another permission detail is the run as administrator when you r-click the shortcut or executable. also, setting the individual permissions by selecting each .exe in the \trs...\bin directory and setting admin rights to each.

sometimes this seems to clear up a lot of issues, sometimes not. your experience may vary. not valid in all locations. apply directly to forehead.

the largest issue ive had with vista and trainz, any version, is the permissions and where its installed. generally, trainz seems to work better outside the program files directory, as in c:\trs2006, etc..

another permission detail is the run as administrator when you r-click the shortcut or executable. also, setting the individual permissions by selecting each .exe in the \trs...\bin directory and setting admin rights to each.

sometimes this seems to clear up a lot of issues, sometimes not. your experience may vary. not valid in all locations. apply directly to forehead.

I'm sorry, but thats not what I'm talking about. When I save a DEM in Trainz, the program stops responding, but now, Trainz does not start up at all. I'm not happy with all the problems I've had with Auran, with my 1st Trainz copy being corrupt right from the first installation up to my 5th copy not responding. I hope that in future, that auran will keep a close eye on this, as its made may people upset and angry, by some of these threads. I'm not angry, or upset. Rather disappointed, that it takes 5 copies of Trainz to work. I never had ONE problem with MSTS. Ever.

Isaac

i offered a solution, which you asked for, for the program not responding in vista, which ive had happen saving routes. im sorry that my solution wasnt good enough for you and ill stop trying to help.

-erin

Back