Tobacco advertising and images

So tell us your view of tobacco billboards and wagons on the DLS.

• Don't care. I'm happy to sit on the fence.

Votes: 27 13.4%
  • Definately not. All tobacco images should be immedialtely removed from the DLS

Votes: 16 7.9%
  • Absolutely. I am the best censor for me. Leave tobacco images and continue to permit new ones.

Votes: 142 70.3%
  • Leave the exisitng ones, so maps work, but do not let any new assets with tobacco images on the DLS.

Votes: 17 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its OK to have swastika's and the like in a world war two game for the sake of it being prototypcle, the same goes here.

You can't wrap history in a white paper bag.

That made me Smile John :D

I said the same thing on the forums for a WWII Naval Game i moderate, and got yelled at, because people believed that historical accuracy should take a back seat to political correctness

Of course, the Trainz community is FAR more mature then the Navyfield Community, having more older members is a good thing

That made me Smile John :D

I said the same thing on the forums for a WWII Naval Game i moderate, and got yelled at, because people believed that historical accuracy should take a back seat to political correctness

Of course, the Trainz community is FAR more mature then the Navyfield Community, having more older members is a good thing
youre right.....then you can teach us young whippersnappers the tricks of the trade........:D

Now how many easily influenced kids play this game?

Anyone who is likely to start smoking from advertisements in the first place isn't going to be playing Trainz- They'll be out in the 'hood shouting various brands of gangsta nonsense at people who have no clue what they are saying.

Plus, removing all the tobacco related content would cause major dependency problems.

...Anyone who is likely to start smoking from advertisements in the first place isn't going to be playing Trainz- They'll be out in the 'hood shouting various brands of gangsta nonsense at people who have no clue what they are saying...

And being laughed at for wearing their pants around their ankles. Police love that fashion. Makes them so much easier to catch.

:cool: Crotchety Ol' Claude

I think we should ban all candy, cola/soda, and food products because it causes youth to become fat.

In fact we should ban most of the industries because they also contribute to this horrible trend.

Also, cars and desiels contribute to global warming so we can only have electric power and no cars on the roads.

And Electric is produced by Nuclear power plants and other types that create by-products or use resources.

Steam, that uses coal and other earthly reasources so forget old school "chugga chugga chugga choooo choooooo" steam engines.

:eek: What me? Sarcastic?

nice. I'm sorry to say thats what it seems to be coming to lately....heres how i see it.
-If you have time to complain, Then apparently you have nothing better to do. get a life, bum-

Anyone who is likely to start smoking from advertisements in the first place isn't going to be playing Trainz- They'll be out in the 'hood shouting various brands of gangsta nonsense at people who have no clue what they are saying.

And being laughed at for wearing their pants around their ankles. Police love that fashion. Makes them so much easier to catch.

:cool: Crotchety Ol' Claude

I never understood that fashion - boxers to the armpits and kegs around knees. We recently got our pool table at school back, so the fashion here has changed back to a more sensible attire - otherwise people reveal too much (there are a lot of lasses hang around the table now, just in case).

However, the smokers never have 50p for the table, meaning that I am always in better practice than them :).

Back on topic - has anyone heard the expression "the best watchman is the watchman in your head"?

I also notice this debate is a little one-sided, as there's no-one so far posted in support of removal of content (not that they'd be shot down in flames or anything...).

I never understood that fashion - boxers to the armpits and kegs around knees. We recently got our pool table at school back, so the fashion here has changed back to a more sensible attire - otherwise people reveal too much (there are a lot of lasses hang around the table now, just in case).

I think it's supposed to emulate prison, where they don't let you have belts, but it gives me the impression that you have extremely short legs and can't run very fast or far.

I am a radical anti-smoker,but advertising is part of the real world,and that is what we are trying to duplicate. The only thing that need to be banned from Trainz are a few people who always make negative comments on the forum.

well here we go! YAY!
plotical correctness should be removed from the world, and like i have said it will bring our great civilizations down to the ground. :(

Why do we even have this topic, cant people decide for themselves??:confused:

i hate ranting so i wont... :cool:

-Jeremy
(p.s. if I were Auran, i would just let people choose what they want

Why do we even have this topic, cant people decide for themselves??:confused:

You didn't have to read this thread nor post in it if it didn't interest you. We recieve requests and complaints through helpdesk to remmove tobacco images from the DLS and I wanted to get the opinion of the community before deciding if we should remove them or not.

You didn't have to read this thread nor post in it if it didn't interest you. We recieve requests and complaints through helpdesk to remmove tobacco images from the DLS and I wanted to get the opinion of the community before deciding if we should remove them or not.

Any idea when a decision will be made?

Well, I thought that was a pretty decent thing to put to the community for opinions, rather than the possibility of just simply pulling content.

Many thanks in that regard, Alan. :)

Cheers,
Simon

I'll agree with that, though I must admit I hadn't expected there to be such a significant amount of complaints. Fair enough.

Any idea when a decision will be made?

At this stage the content will remain.

Any future inquries I get wil be reffered to this thread to enable these people to voice their objections publicly.

As always, please respect the CoC and each other.

Cheers.

At this stage the content will remain.

Any future inquries I get wil be reffered to this thread to enable these people to voice their objections publicly.

As always, please respect the CoC and each other.

Cheers.

Alan
thanks for the response and I really appreciate the opportunity to vote on this subject. I believe that the discussion remained civil and healthy for the most part.
thanks
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back