Tilcon Transfer

Gandalf0444

FVRR member
Today I caught a ride on the daily coal train from the quarry in North Branford,Connecticut that connects with the daily P&W local,that runs along the NEC.
Here we are hauling or heavy 10 car consist up the grade to the sideing that runs along sie the NEC.
t1.jpg

t2.jpg

We finally get these cars up the grade,and on the sideing and we uncouple and get ready to run around,the 10 car train
t3.jpg

we get the clearance for the run around within minutes:eek:
t4.jpg

I decide to stick around and wait for the P&W local to come,after 30 minutes or so of sitting and drinking some nice hot coffee,it arrives!.
t5.jpg

Now the P&W train gets ready to back down the siding that the 10 coal cars are standing on.
t6.jpg

Now the train is fully on the siding,luckily just in time as they have a Amtrak acela express bearing down on them coming from boston.
t7.jpg

I got this pic by dropping the camera as I scrambled to get out of the way
t8.jpg

The P&W local gets ready to leave the siding and continue its treck towards New Haven,I pick up my camera and make my way quickly to the other side of the tracks and get this little treat,the Shoreline East train crawls by with an Amtrak leaser unit!
t9.jpg

After this busy day I go home,take a shower and crawl into to bed and fall asleep.

Last edited:
Thanks D at least 1 person out of the 70 that viewed it bothered to respond:confused:

Welcome Michael,

Oh it well because maybe that I thinking that who peoples have do working on Saturday or be have holiday or hang out with girlfriend:hehe:(LOL) or more as asleep:eek:. So maybe there peoples will have check your thread during evening or night time soon so don't worry that, Michael. Ok and I really like your route and were route look very amazing!:):wave:

Got em from TPR they are called ortner 3 bay hoppers or somthing very similar.And btw Mike,maybe you could work on a new P&W reskin of a locomotive?;)

Howdy!

Do you have any more as pictures here?:confused: Come on, please other more pictures here:D:wave: please? Thank you!

Back