The Orient Express Thread

shebashetan7

Hi everyone,

Following weeks of research, I've gotten some more information on the locomotives and consists used on the Orient Express.:cool:

Locomotives:

France - ETAT 231 Class 4-6-2
image904.jpg

Germany - Bavarian S 3/6 4-6-2
9a1fea3818879deb.jpg

Austria - Golsdorf Series 310 2-6-4
375.006.jpg

Regarding the consist itself, I put together a train based off of info gathered from the website of the Venice-Simplon Orient Express.

It consists of:

2 bogie luggage wagons
6 sleeper cars
2 dining cars
1 Pullman lounge
1 Lounge/bar
1 Service car

Here is a shot of a Golsdorf Series 310 Adriatic express loco pulling a 13-car Orient Express consist as it steams through the beautiful Campulung Moldvensec - Valea Lupuli route by Trainz Premium routes.
33vi882.jpg

(Large Images)

Last edited:
I appreciate the constructive criticism.:)

Vendel's CIWL car packs have good variety and are highly detailed, but I honestly I would prefer Bambi's, because I find it more enjoyable when you are able to assume the perspective of a passenger looking out from the dining car window surrounded by all that glitters with a custom professional-quality, highly detailed 3D interior!:Y:

I feel that Mistral69's CIWL bogie luggage wagon deserves a nice reskin, in order to bring the shade of blue to a paint job that better matches Bambi's equipment. The windows and roofs also deserve a facelift, and the many purple spots can be removed, all together for a rather nice cleanup!

Last edited:
I also found this 1928-dated black-and-white photo of the Orient Express traversing Germany. A Bavarian S 3/6 is hauling a rake of 2 luggage wagons, 4 sleepers, and a dining car.
205-02m.jpg

I appreciate the constructive criticism.:)

Vendel's CIWL car packs have good variety and are highly detailed, but I honestly I would prefer Bambi's, because I find it more enjoyable when you are able to assume the perspective of a passenger looking out from the dining car window surrounded by all that glitters with a custom professional-quality, highly detailed 3D interior!:Y:

I feel that Mistral69's CIWL bogie luggage wagon deserves a nice reskin, in order to bring the shade of blue to a paint job that better matches Bambi's equipment. The windows and roofs also deserve a facelift, and the many purple spots can be removed, all together for a rather nice cleanup!

Your right! Where did all the rideable cars go? I honestly want more rideable rolling stock that a person could ride in and have different camera views like we have on many different locos. One great idea would be to have a tender with a brakeman's hut and be able to look out of it from the inside. Same thing with cabooses and coaches, we should be able to look out of them from the inside and the AI in the game really allows you to do that.

I am thinking of using the Fictive Paris route on the DLS as the backdrop for the Orient Express as it races east through the French countryside, the Eiffel Tower appearing to shrink in the distance as the train gets further and further away from the capital of France.

Is that 310 a port of the MSTS version, if so do you know of a port of the 380?

Oh so that is the Golsdorf 310 from MSTS! I thought it looked like it but I don't think there is a port of the Golsdorf 380 from MSTS. If there ever was, it isn't available anymore or is somewhere really hard to find.

The blue 4-cylinder 4-6-2 beauty from TrainzDepot.net is very nice. There used to be a version of the engine painted in DB colors on steamlocomotiveworks.com, but they no longer carry it.:(
A good reskin of lizzy's S 3/6 loco could do justice for a DB BR18.4/5, minus the smoke deflectors. The photo of the DB-owned S 3/6 is in the OP.
2utnfwk.jpg

(Large Image)

Last edited:
Some while ago I had posted pictures of an Orient Express in one of these threads and folks asked what route it was. I replied that I'd mashed a bunch of German routes together and didn't remember what was in it.

There was a good reason I couldn't remember. I did not make the route, celje made it and it is on the DLS as <kuid:151442:100366> DBtogether V2. The older I get the less I know :D.

More pictures of my version of the OE on this route here https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...am-(Warning-Large-Pics)&p=1635282#post1635282.

@shebashetan7 it would be helpful if you could post the kuids of these marvelous locomotives and rail cars as well as, perhaps, where to get them. Thanks!

Thanks so much shebashetan7!

That ought to give me enough to play with and places to search for freight and additional era passenger cars and engines.

BTW if you watch the trailers and news comments on the upcoming remake of Murder on the Orient Express movie there is a very short glimpse of a section of period movie that shows an Orient Express consist that included a tank car.

Last edited:
Thanks so much shebashetan7!

That ought to give me enough to play with and places to search for freight and additional era passenger cars and engines.

BTW if you watch the trailers and news comments on the upcoming remake of Murder on the Orient Express movie there is a very short glimpse of a section of period movie that shows an Orient Express consist that included a tank car.

I am actually going to see it tomorrow!

Remember freight was hauled on passenger trains, and still is today, if needed. Railroads don't always have an outbound freight ready to pickup or drop cars so they sometimes, and this is rare in built up countries, put freight rolling stock on passenger trains. In the US, Amtrak has their own boxcars for freight transport, etc, but they are for freight and they do put them at the front of passenger consists when needed.

Last edited:
Do you have a legit copy of the game ? You might get a quicker help doing like this

What do you mean?
I also got 1 question. does any of you know where i can get this kuid as a cdp file? Kuid:149987:56007

Back