the lost trainz a lost media question

you know i wonder on the subject rn there's always lost media to a game tv show now i wonder if theres any lost media relating with trainz in general thx for answering

What have we lost over the years?
here a few examples:

-The Rainbow, last seen in UTC?
-the Auran intro movie
-Workshop sounds when starting the game.
-Dos file structure,(World/Custom) gone since 2005
which was easy for texture sharing and actually organizing your content
-.pm was a file format for content with build-in LOD system, later replaced by .IM .lm
-Texture files for user content, Texture is the graphical format used by the game
no matter if the original is, .bmp .tga . png .jpg
-.JA a simple container like file, where game content was bundled
-kind Interior for turntable assets, was fun to make bridges and all kind of scenery assets, which needed controls
-The Locshed last seen in TS12, but still in al mobile versions
it loaded much faster and was a really fun part of the game.
-Undo, Grid, Quick Drive, Session Edit buttons on the main menu bar, gone since TRS19SP1
-A graphical consist UI, was refused to repair/update, so they just removed it, TRS19SP4
-an Actual printed manual
-a .PDF manual
-Boxed copies of the game
-Simplicity(not actual media)

1 thing remains, trainz can be fun and very addictive, if YOU make it so :)

The DOS file structure disappeared with TRS2006 when Content Manager Plus was introduced. The reason is the old structure was linear and slower to load and search assets while the new format is quicker and can be indexed quickly by the database manager.

Later on, TADDaemon was introduced to allow the database to be multi-accessed by different components such as leaving Surveyor open while downloading content in Content Manager. This came out of a request by the content-creators who wanted to install models to view in Surveyor without having to exit from Trainz while CM is opened. This still works for the most part, but there are still cases where scripts don't flush and we have stale data.

.JA files I think were ditched due to their file-size limitations.
I miss the old Auran aliens too. My late cat Lily used to hear the intro music playing and come running to watch them. She did that until she got too old to run or jump.

I miss the simplicity and fun part of the program. In some ways, today it's a lot like work but then again people want more and more complex things, so it's a dual-edged sword. I suggested having an Easy mode and an Advanced mode in the program. Easy mode allows for driving and placing of train consists in the Session, adding driver-commands, and other basic editing. Advanced mode is what we have now. Many people just want to drive and do simple things and don't want a Bachelor's degree in Trainz Operations in order to use the program.

While I agree it's nice having the buttons or shortcuts available for Undo, etc., the functions are still there. CTRL-Z still works quite well for undoing things. Since TS2010, I'm still spooked about using it too much because weird things used to happen back then if the command was used too much at once.

The .texture files still exist. This is an internal file format used by the Trainz graphics engine and actually a proprietary format for it.

The DOS file structure disappeared with TRS2006 when Content Manager Plus was introduced. The reason is the old structure was linear and slower to load and search assets while the new format is quicker and can be indexed quickly by the database manager.

Later on, TADDaemon was introduced to allow the database to be multi-accessed by different components such as leaving Surveyor open while downloading content in Content Manager. This came out of a request by the content-creators who wanted to install models to view in Surveyor without having to exit from Trainz while CM is opened. This still works for the most part, but there are still cases where scripts don't flush and we have stale data.

.JA files I think were ditched due to their file-size limitations.
I miss the old Auran aliens too. My late cat Lily used to hear the intro music playing and come running to watch them. She did that until she got too old to run or jump.

I miss the simplicity and fun part of the program. In some ways, today it's a lot like work but then again people want more and more complex things, so it's a dual-edged sword. I suggested having an Easy mode and an Advanced mode in the program. Easy mode allows for driving and placing of train consists in the Session, adding driver-commands, and other basic editing. Advanced mode is what we have now. Many people just want to drive and do simple things and don't want a Bachelor's degree in Trainz Operations in order to use the program.

While I agree it's nice having the buttons or shortcuts available for Undo, etc., the functions are still there. CTRL-Z still works quite well for undoing things. Since TS2010, I'm still spooked about using it too much because weird things used to happen back then if the command was used too much at once.

The .texture files still exist. This is an internal file format used by the Trainz graphics engine and actually a proprietary format for it.
here a few examples:

-the Auran intro movie
-.pm was a file format for content with build-in LOD system, later replaced by .IM .lm
-Texture files for user content, Texture is the graphical format used by the game
-kind Interior for turntable assets, was fun to make bridges and all kind of scenery assets, which needed controls
-Undo, Grid, Quick Drive, Session Edit buttons on the main menu bar, gone since TRS19SP1
-A graphical consist UI, was refused to repair/update, so they just removed it, TRS19SP4
-a .PDF manual

i didnt expect to have this post to have some answers but thanks to both you

here a few examples:

-the Auran intro movie
-a .PDF manual

sidenote I'm getting addictive to it i remember playing on mobile devices when i was younger and was kinda sad that the addons didn't went though but now since i have on my pc its getting things more fun for me now i can download addons makes it more fun the fact im making my route too im gonna have fun playing around

sidenote I'm getting addictive to it i remember playing on mobile devices when i was younger and was kinda sad that the addons didn't went though but now since i have on my pc its getting things more fun for me now i can download addons makes it more fun the fact im making my route too im gonna have fun playing around
Just think you've only barely scratched the surface. This program, we never call it a game, is much more powerful and complex than it appears.

Just think you've only barely scratched the surface. This program, we never call it a game, is much more powerful and complex than it appears.
now i question does this sim have lore? dumb question i asked but now you say that it makes me question like image of the who made the route is a god controlling everything as we speak engines being made citys being made at a blink of a eye i wanna see someone make a story about this i wonder it could be like werck it raph?

Back