That's It Microsoft I Challenge You To A Duel

sethmcs

Since it appears that MSTS2 plans on creating the Horseshoe Curve route, I thought I take a stab at it as well. When building castles in space you always start with the roof. The roof in this case is Cresson, PA.

CressonEbensburgJunction.jpg

This route is going to designed to seamlessly merge with C&BL Route that I am taking a break from while my computer is upgraded. Actually, I think this is going to be second of three routes. I am going to work from Gallitizin Tunnels to Johnstown. The third route will be Gallitizin Tunnels to Altoona.

Cresson is 2,000 feet above sea level and the mainline has to drop to 1,200 feet by the time is reaches Johnstown.

Railfan.jpg

More to come.........:hehe:

there's a horseshoe curve in Scotland? You learn something new every day.

And that route is looking good already Seth

Moving on to MO Tower....Its no longer there....

Heading east towards Gallitzin we see MO Tower....Which has been demolished.:'(

MOTowerCresson.jpg

The MO Tower controls access to the Cresson Branch (behind train)that heads north into coal country as well as access to the yard that formerly crossed the mainline via steel bridge to Blacklick Secondary. The steel bridge was demolished in the 50's so that double stacked cars could travel the mainline.

cr6524.jpg

Presently, the mainline from Johnstown to Altoona is 3 tracks for the most part. My model is using older track plans that has 4 tracks.

As you can see this is a low budget production....Gee, I wonder how MSTS2 is doing?:hehe:

More to come.....:p

Last edited:
Great looking shots - I love to see "Real life" and "Trainz" shots compsred.BTW theres a German "derelict signalbox" on the DLS that would look great as the Tower in your shot but sadly I don't remember its kuid.

Since it appears that MSTS2 plans on creating the Horseshoe Curve route, I thought I take a stab at it as well. When building castles in space you always start with the roof. The roof in this case is Cresson, PA.

CressonEbensburgJunction.jpg

This route is going to designed to seamlessly merge with C&BL Route that I am taking a break from while my computer is upgraded. Actually, I think this is going to be second of three routes. I am going to work from Gallitizin Tunnels to Johnstown. The third route will be Gallitizin Tunnels to Altoona.

Cresson is 2,000 feet above sea level and the mainline has to drop to 1,200 feet by the time is reaches Johnstown.

Railfan.jpg

More to come.........:hehe:

Great shots, but MSTS 2 will beat anything Trainz can dream of. (Graphics)

I think MSTS 2 has got ya beat by a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG shot for sure!!!!!!!!!!!! :hehe:

Let do some competitive analysis

I think MSTS 2 has got ya beat by a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG shot for sure!!!!!!!!!!!! :hehe:

I dunno, lets see a few from MSTS2:

Trains_083.jpg

Or this:

Trains_063.jpg

Or this:

Web_Shots_Alto.jpg

I don't see nothing here that can't be done in Trainz.....my opinion.:cool:

Hate to call you out sethmcs but there is one thing MSTS 2 has above Trainz......

Just how unrealistic looking a train sim can get :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Seriously though, looks like a very good start, with techniques I haven't even thought of before (and I've been at this for 5yrs :eek:)
Keep up the good work.

Check 'em out...You won't regret it ;)
I didn't regret it, but the stock items are renders.

Looking forward to MSTS2, but wondering what the functionality will be. If it doesn't do as much as Trainz, unlikely I'll be waving bye-bye.

Plus still at least a year to go and no doubt limited UK content on release.

MSTS2 two is nice, and the horseshoe curve route is a wonderful peace of work, especially making it so prototypical.

The landscape scenery is So- So.
I've seen better in trainz.

Back