Tennessee & Eastern Railway

I was asking because of that beautiful Western Maryland 2-8-2 you made. I hope that it will see the light of day, because it would be a waste to just invest all that work into a model intended for only a single soul whose hard drive could fail at any moment, in which it is likely all that work would be lost forever. The WM 2-8-2 will also be a very good companion and running mate to the mighty 784 from K&L.

Last edited:
I mean, he can save the engines to a CDP and upload them to a file sharing website, thus in the event of a hard drive failure he can just redownload them. Also I'm not sure why people want these engines so bad especially considering the fact that they are customized to his liking and you probably won't be able to get much use out of these for other roads. I can't speak for Chance, but he's said before he has a bunch of other stuff planned for release.

I am looking forward to the ATSF 2900 - that is an engine to be made available for download upon finishing. He has his own website, the "Backshop," with the TEH Heavy 2-10-2 already re-issued and made once again available for one and all to enjoy. Trainman 7616 did make a dedicated trailer/promo video for the Santa Fe 2900, a clear sign that it will eventually end up in our own collections on our own PC's. Just may take a while, with all the projects at work. When you get bored with one project you might want to switch to another one, revisiting every now and then until its finished.

Understand now, ultimately publicizing an engine with personal touches may be found to not be as appealing or useful to the downloader as to the creator.

I made the engine personally for my own private railroad. Its stated in the very post. Nothing posted in this thread gets released to the public

Also ghee. Thanks for blabbing about my site. Wanted to keep it secret until I was ready to make an announcement. Why dont you think about talking to me first regarding something BELONGING TO ME

This is a great way to make me just say to hell with making content.

Last edited:
Your work on this route is fantastic , goes along with your engines . Vary well done . Love seeing steam working hard up grades . :D

Matt

Understand now, ultimately publicizing an engine with personal touches may be found to not be as appealing or useful to the downloader as to the creator.

Ya think? You literally just made a post an hour before this one about not being a gimme pig on people's content and directly called out Trainman7616 for not releasing his engines to the public. I'm gonna go back and quote myself on a previous occasion on this matter. None of us content creators are obligated to release anything. I don't blame Chance for being angry at you, it was a pretty garbage thing to do to publicly announce his still work in progress website to the forums.

Lastly, and I say this to everyone: The very first post in this thread says nothing will be released. There is your answer.

Or any other content creator for that matter. If everyone keeps this up, we might lose him like we lost ANL and a few others. Do you really want to have that happen, or would you rather be polite and have him stay around? Bugging him for content is only going to make things worse. That said, I do enjoy seeing where this route is going Chance, and hope that you might have something in the works for us, but if not, its still nice to see what you've been doing.

I'm wondering how far east you're going in Tennessee. Have you considering having a branch running to Gatlinburg, Tennessee? Gatlinburg is the last town you pass thru before entering the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, known locally as 'The Smokies'. You'd be doing like the Yosemite Valley Railroad, who had a station just outside of Yosemite National Park at El Portal. There was the Smoky Mountain Railroad, but it ended at Sevierville, Tennessee. Come to think about it, the railroad would have to end in Pigeon Forge because Gatlinburg is surrounded by mountains on all sides, so you don't have lot of room to build a station. Because it is surrounded by mountains on all sides, Gatlinburg is one of several places in The Smokies, and many places in Appalachia called 'Hollows', though we pronounce them 'Hollers'.

It goes or Id like it to go as far as knoxville but im missing the 25 some miles of baseboard so Harriman is currently the end.

Wasnt the Yosemite Valley in California or Nevada?

Back