T:ANE (in development) screenshots...

Nice looking grass there Jankvis!

TANE%202015-01-30%2022-26-54-50.jpg

TANE%202015-01-30%2022-27-25-78.jpg

A couple from a 'model railway' layout that I have been tinkering with tonight in T:ANE.

Regards
Zec

TANE%202015-02-02%2023-43-14-76.jpg

M210 rests in the platform at Lilydale ready for departure with a morning passenger service to Ringwood.

TANE%202015-02-02%2023-45-42-68.jpg

A short while later, the M is seen blasting up the grade out of Lilydale, as the morning sun lights up it's side tank.

Regards
Zec

Good looking scenery there Malc... Nice light effects. Your trees look nice in TANE.

Jan

Nice work!

Hi Malc.

Congratulations on the work done on the foliage.

I particularly like the shadows cast by the billboard trees; something which simply cannot be done in earlier versions. I keep my train shadows turned off, simply because it looks wrong when you can see consist shadows in isolation, with building and foliage objects having no shadows at all.

Your shot #48, in post 64, looks particularly good with the tree shadows cast across the platform and on the roof of the carriages adding true realism.

Shot #51 in the same post is nicely framed and I love the way the shadows are cast across the ground texture and the beautifully blended-in road spline, with no interruption at or over the transitions. Just one thing jumped out at me in that shot though – the fence spline posts aren’t casting shadows. Is it only non-spline objects that produce them?

Overall the badly contrastingly lit planes of the billboard trees have definitely been toned down with your research and experimentation in solving the problem. Well done sir! Is there any chance that there might be room for just a little more improvement at some stage or has the technique now reached the limit of what the new game engine will allow?

Wow, those shots from Malc look fantastic! I especially like the one of Nantmoor station with the shadows over the train. You say it is a bit bright but I would say it isn't too far off for a very sunny summer day (not that you get that many of them in north Wales though!).

Hi Malc.

Congratulations on the work done on the foliage.

I particularly like the shadows cast by the billboard trees; something which simply cannot be done in earlier versions. I keep my train shadows turned off, simply because it looks wrong when you can see consist shadows in isolation, with building and foliage objects having no shadows at all.

Your shot #48, in post 64, looks particularly good with the tree shadows cast across the platform and on the roof of the carriages adding true realism.

Shot #51 in the same post is nicely framed and I love the way the shadows are cast across the ground texture and the beautifully blended-in road spline, with no interruption at or over the transitions. Just one thing jumped out at me in that shot though – the fence spline posts aren’t casting shadows. Is it only non-spline objects that produce them?

Overall the badly contrastingly lit planes of the billboard trees have definitely been toned down with your research and experimentation in solving the problem. Well done sir! Is there any chance that there might be room for just a little more improvement at some stage or has the technique now reached the limit of what the new game engine will allow?

Probably room for more fiddling, I have actually fixed the "Fir" Trees which had turned into a very bright green, just required some manipulation in PSP. I'm inclined to wait for the next build though just in case the goal posts are still wandering off ;o)

Spline Shadows, they do exist however it depends on where the camera is in relation to the sun! needs tweaking, Shadows on splines are perfect when lookin vertically downwards from above.

Quick and dirty shot of Spline Shadow!

@clam1952

Good to hear that there is still some "tweak room" for the continued development of billboard trees.

The shadows from the bow top fencing spline look very good. Look forward to seeing the results once the shadows can be rendered from all angles.

Thanks for the response and taking the trouble to show a good example.

Most definitely. There has been good progress with the TANE development. It looks like a good amount of errors have been fixed based on the screenshots that I have been seeing and reading about. TANE looks like it will turn out to be a great simulator once it's released in a couple of months.

Most definitely. There has been good progress with the TANE development. It looks like a good amount of errors have been fixed based on the screenshots that I have been seeing and reading about. TANE looks like it will turn out to be a great simulator once it's released in a couple of months.

I have never doubted that T:ANE will going to be a great RR-simulator :)
But its nice to read such opinions here :)

I just started one of the streetcar sessions at the "Season Town Northern RR"

16437180301_70380e167d_o.jpg

Your's TUME

Last edited:
Loaded up the Tornado's for a play in CE, had a whirl-wind of a time (and got sea-sick with the pitch and roll LOL) on the KX-Edinburgh line.
First up, Tornado in true BR Green as its never been seen and never will lol.
Image4.jpg

Tornado in BR Passenger Express Blue - minus half of its carriages due to a minor opps (derailment) LOL
Image7.jpg

Lastly, Tornado in "Brunswick" Green (often called BR green which it isn't), also running the later logo on the Tender
Image8.jpg

Enjoy :)

Back