Surveyor/Surveyor 2

doshead

I haven't bought Trainz since Tane. Have purchased Trainz 22 on Steam. Surveyor seems the same as Tane. I was expecting Surveyor 2 to be a bit different. Do I need to do something in options to enable?
Game still seems to suffer from same FPS issues that have crippled previous versions. I get 60+ FPS in Train Sim World on Ultra settings. This version of Trainz struggles to get 30 FPS? Is there no improvement to the game engine?

Surveyor 2.0 (or S20 as it is sometimes referred to) is a subscription only feature. You must have purchased a monthly or annual subscription to Trainz Plus (Standard or Gold membership) to get Surveyor 2.0. Surveyor 2.0 users also continue to have the use of the original Surveyor (called Surveyor Classic).

There is a wiki page on using the Surveyor 2.0 tools at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_S20_Tools

Regarding the FPS rate, there has been significant performance improvements between T:ANE and TRS19 (and TRS22).

Check your Trainz Settings - General Tab. The Vertical Sync: setting (can't remember which one) will restrict the FPS to 30 regardless of the speed of your system.

Last edited:
Oh, so I have been scammed. To bad I am to late to get a refund. Good bye Trainz.

I fail to see the "scam" that you claim you were the victim of. The information given on the TRS22 page (link at the top of this page) is very clear on what you get with TRS22 which, in my opinion, is far better than you were getting with your previous version T:ANE. The benefits (and costs) of getting the subscription were also covered and were clearly differentiated from TRS22 in the Trainz Options. The New Content section which followed does not contain anything that was not included as part of a TRS22 outright purchase.

But, you are free to make your own decisions.

My views.

I fail to see the "scam" that you claim you were the victim of. The information given on the TRS22 page (link at the top of this page) is very clear on what you get with TRS22 which, in my opinion, is far better than you were getting with your previous version T:ANE. The benefits (and costs) of getting the subscription were also covered and were clearly differentiated from TRS22 in the Trainz Options. The New Content section which followed does not contain anything that was not included as part of a TRS22 outright purchase.

But, you are free to make your own decisions.

My views.

While I too fail to see any scam, I am rather disappointed with trs22 which, for me, is unnecessarily complicated for very little gain. I can't actually SEE any difference of quality between my routes in trs19 and 22. But maybe that's just me.

I would agree that going from TRS19PE to TRS22 is not as big a leap in performance as it is from TRS19. The original poster had TANE as his starting point and the move up from that to TRS22 is even more significant.

Back