Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

Steve this is all so epic! I cant wait for the video, will Ross himself be narrating or will it be you or someone else? Wasn't too sure if I was going to buy this one, but you could say I've been persuaded :)

He's not narrating it. Dave Drui, the narrator for Pentrex will be narrating this! Ross Rowland was generous enough to contact me and fill me in on many details I needed for the video. Details that ONLY he would know.

Correct! 614 hauled loaded 4000-4500 ton coal trains eastbound from Huntington to Hinton on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and then 100 empties back west on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday all of January 1985. No helpers, and temperatures plummeted to almost -40!!! Ross said at one point, it got so cold that the Chessie diesel fleet on that division was sidelined due to the oil turning to gel! So 614 was the ONLY engine on the line that day! The tool car was the Conneaut. It's now owned by the Jerry Joe Jacobson of the Age of Steam Roundhouse. I don't know about the pullman...you're probably right on the name!

Yeah, the weather was horrible throughout the 614T "experiment". I think that's one of the years I remember seeing the New River completely frozen over at Prince, with a few inches of inches of snow on top of the ice.

So what ya said is beyond reasonable about the rumors. Fine, then I'll stop rumoring and I won't buy that megapack unless the price is.....whatever. So we're done, we're good right?

You just need to stop complaining in general. No one wants to read it and deal with the whinning. Im pretty sure steve could even careless if you buy it or not. I know I am. Steve and Bill make great models at more then reasonable prices. Just enjoy what you get.

Keep up the amazing work steve. Cant wait for this gem to be out.

You just need to stop complaining in general. No one wants to read it and deal with the whinning. Im pretty sure steve could even careless if you buy it or not. I know I am. Steve and Bill make great models at more then reasonable prices. Just enjoy what you get.

Keep up the amazing work steve. Cant wait for this gem to be out.

U maybe right, my apologies. I was so agitated about the price rumor. I didn't know really that a megapack would that expensive or not, I would thought it would be $10.

U maybe right, my apologies. I was so agitated about the price rumor. I didn't know really that a megapack would that expensive or not, I would thought it would be $10.

You expected a megapack which is 5 times larger than my other packs of 4 to be cheaper than them? We're done with this conversation.

The loco will miss you ... But if you hold a crisp fresh $20 bill in front of your Trainz monitor ... you can pretend it is a train, and move it down the track, while making mouth sound effects: "Chugga Chugga Chugga, Wooo Wooo, Ding Ding Ding" :hehe:

Screen_001_zps54833276.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah. To be honest I've been waiting for the Chessie Steam Special to be recreated for Trainz 12 and Trainz: A New Era. Whether it was Reading 2101 or C&O 614 make no difference to me. I am going to buy this set as soon as it comes out.

$20 for "3 engines, 4 tenders, 3 aux tenders, and what is slowly becoming 9 passenger cars" (19 pieces all together) is beyond reasonable. The guys at K&L are more than generous to us with that kind of pricing.

Y'all can gripe all you want but I know what I'll be busy doing in March.
Amen man Amen

Well fine. Then I won't buy it at all.
You dear child need to go and think about how the real world works... People don't put time into their job to give away their service for free... So why should K&L? Their prices are so extremely fair its almost surreal. K&L could care less about if you buy it or not, because they don't want scum like you to use their wonderful stuff... And look around... They are getting more support in this than you are. End of conversation.

Yeah. To be honest I've been waiting for the Chessie Steam Special to be recreated for Trainz 12 and Trainz: A New Era. Whether it was Reading 2101 or C&O 614 make no difference to me. I am going to buy this set as soon as it comes out.
Cant wait to doublehead C&O 2716 & 614!!! I might commission K&L to do the T-1's or the N&W J's... Hmmmm....

The Chessie Safety Express pauses briefly at Handley Yard in 1980.

ebafbfe36c37197e88dc1b8dfac16f55.jpg

CANT WAIT!!!

Loving your stuff as always... your content is almost always my main source of road power on my routes...

November 16th, 1981:
"Southern" Kanawha #2716 (C&O 2716), leased From the Kentucky Railway Museum is pulling an excursion through Eastern Kentucky.

Oxxbd7J.png

ka6998F.png

dZwxuR7.png

8d54pAZ.png

7HldnJE.png

AM2skZK.png

kLQMvWH.png

LAhk0zP.png

6LhdBWZ.png

I apologize about them being out of order... Imgur does that....

Back