Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

My reaction to this engine

This might be better than the NKP Berkshire!!!

HOLY SMOKIN' JUMPIN' JESUS!!!!!! THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!
Excuse me for being rude again, but that is drop-dead gorgeous:hehe:.

:D:udrool::mop:

Hope she gets released soon!!!!!

I looked at the facebook page a few moments ago, and it says it'll be released in March. Why?? Is it because of the promo video being made????

I looked at the facebook page a few moments ago, and it says it'll be released in March. Why?? Is it because of the promo video being made????
It's not done yet. Engine still needs work, still have 4 passenger cars left to make. Promo will also take some time, but thats been in the works for weeks now.

Really? $1 for each item in the pack is too much for you? If he charged anything less he'd be practically giving it away! For all of the time and effort Steve puts into his locos, you should be glad that he doesn't charge more, because it would surely be worth it. Quit complaining about his prices because in the end he's going to charge what he wants and your needless whining isn't changing that fact.

On a brighter note, 614 looks amazing and all, but I'm more focused on those gems behind her!

The 614 looks very nice and the passenger cars wearing Chessie Safety Express colors are certainly appealing. But what are the two cars that are described as "2 for high iron in red"?

But what are the two cars that are described as "2 for high iron in red"?

High Iron Company is Ross Rowland's company. The tool car and a pullman were repainted in red and letter "American Coal Enterprises" when being used on the ACE3000 test runs and "High Iron Company" when used during the 90s excursion out of Port Jervis.

Really? $1 for each item in the pack is too much for you? If he charged anything less he'd be practically giving it away! For all of the time and effort Steve puts into his locos, you should be glad that he doesn't charge more, because it would surely be worth it. Quit complaining about his prices because in the end he's going to charge what he wants and your needless whining isn't changing that fact.

On a brighter note, 614 looks amazing and all, but I'm more focused on those gems behind her!

But I've read rumors about the 614 Megapack being $20! That's the problem.

$20 for "3 engines, 4 tenders, 3 aux tenders, and what is slowly becoming 9 passenger cars" (19 pieces all together) is beyond reasonable. The guys at K&L are more than generous to us with that kind of pricing.

Y'all can gripe all you want but I know what I'll be busy doing in March.

Last edited:
High Iron Company is Ross Rowland's company. The tool car and a pullman were repainted in red and letter "American Coal Enterprises" when being used on the ACE3000 test runs and "High Iron Company" when used during the 90s excursion out of Port Jervis.

Ah OK, that makes sense now. I didn't remember the cars being red, but the only time I saw the 614T in action on its test runs the weather was so frigid, foggy, and snowy all I could could see were shades of gray. It was so cold my camcorder's battery died, never to fully charge ever again. :eek:

If I remember correctly, the tool car was named "Conneaut," and the Pullman "Independence".

$20 for "3 engines, 4 tenders, 3 aux tenders, and what is slowly becoming 9 passenger cars" (19 pieces all together) is beyond reasonable. The guys at K&L are more than generous to us with that kind of pricing.

Y'all can gripe all you want but I know what I'll be busy doing in March.

So what ya said is beyond reasonable about the rumors. Fine, then I'll stop rumoring and I won't buy that megapack unless the price is.....whatever. So we're done, we're good right?

Ah OK, that makes sense now. I didn't remember the cars being red, but the only time I saw the 614T in action on its test runs the weather was so frigid, foggy, and snowy all I could could see were shades of gray. It was so cold my camcorder's battery died, never to fully charge ever again. :eek:

If I remember correctly, the tool car was named "Conneaut," and the Pullman "Independence".

Correct! 614 hauled loaded 4000-4500 ton coal trains eastbound from Huntington to Hinton on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and then 100 empties back west on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday all of January 1985. No helpers, and temperatures plummeted to almost -40!!! Ross said at one point, it got so cold that the Chessie diesel fleet on that division was sidelined due to the oil turning to gel! So 614 was the ONLY engine on the line that day! The tool car was the Conneaut. It's now owned by the Jerry Joe Jacobson of the Age of Steam Roundhouse. I don't know about the pullman...you're probably right on the name!

I didn't mean any harm, I was just stating my opinion. What I meant by "beyond reasonable" was along the lines of "extremely fair".

Steve this is all so epic! I cant wait for the video, will Ross himself be narrating or will it be you or someone else? Wasn't too sure if I was going to buy this one, but you could say I've been persuaded :)

Back