SPORBUST uslw

BNSF_8010

Railfan
How do I get SPORBUST and USLW locomotives to stay with their number?
Example: I number the engine 3421 and when I load it up it STAYS at 3421?

I tried deleting the "arn_lib" reference from the kuid table, BUT.............

It only worked for a short time and after a few weeks, it started giving "send-don't-send" messages.
How do I get the engine to stay at it's number after I place it WITHOUT deleting the "arn_lib" reference?

Please help!

The engines in question are:

EMD SD40-2 NS ex-CR (SPORBUST/N8PHU)
EMD SD40-2 BNSF (uslw- filename: BNSFSD40-2B-UnitV2.cdp)
SOO SD60 Late (JointedRail Freeware)
NS C40-8 Horsehead (Sureshot28)

Look for this in the config file:
extensions
{
number_low " "
number_high " "
}

change the low and high number to the desired number and save and submit. I have also found that in a repaint, I can put numbers on the locomotive, and simply change the number_low and number-high to a blank space. Then the ARN is not an issue.

Look for this in the config file:
extensions
{
number_low " "
number_high " "
}

change the low and high number to the desired number and save and submit. I have also found that in a repaint, I can put numbers on the locomotive, and simply change the number_low and number-high to a blank space. Then the ARN is not an issue.

If I do that and the unit is numbered 3421, then what if I want it numbered 3301?
Can I just assign it a new number via surveyor instead of cloning the asset and editing it?

If I do that and the unit is numbered 3421, then what if I want it numbered 3301?
Can I just assign it a new number via surveyor instead of cloning the asset and editing it?

Open the config file

Just enter the number you want in both places between the quote marks.

{
number_low "3301"
number_high " 3301"
}

Now, the unit will show 3301.

You cannot change the number is surveyor and have it stick. It will revert back to one of the ARN numbers. The simplist way to make sure a asset has the number desired is clone and edit the config file.

Open the config file

Just enter the number you want in both places between the quote marks.

{
number_low "3301"
number_high " 3301"
}

Now, the unit will show 3301.

You cannot change the number is surveyor and have it stick. It will revert back to one of the ARN numbers. The simplist way to make sure a asset has the number desired is clone and edit the config file.

Well, for me I just removed the .gs reference from the config and it worked.
Problem is that my uslw models crash when used.

Back