South East ,Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you will be out of luck there. I have been her for a while and all that has been produced was a good route In N. Ireland set in the days of steam I am presently attempting the whole of Northern Ireland Railways and onto the second of 6 routes. Not much help to you I know but it is the only modern thing on Trainz re the island of Ireland that is being tackled. If I do get it done I may consider extending the Border Line beyond my projected aim as far as Dundalk and take it to Dublin.

Can anyone reccomend a track for Irish 5'3" gauge? Chris.

As all the existing Irish assets are in standard gauge, any standard gauge tracks would do. Personally, I'd recommend the ones created by nexusdj. There is a good selction to choose from with both wooden and concrete sleepers using traditional chairs or the more modern pandrol clips.

Last edited:
Thank you for the suggestion H222.

pfx, I did wonder if the norm was to use standard gauge, so thanks for the confirmation.

Chris.

No bother. All the domsarto assets use standard gauge if you're looking for some good quality Irish stock.

Hmm. Your sig is too big. it's only 540 pixels to tall for the forum board

Well, Auran/N3V may have a polite word in the Irishman's shell-like, but it's not up to you or me to police the forum now, is it? Maybe your abrupt manner is what got you banned from the forum one before H222, hmmm?

It's a grand picture all the same, so it is!

Last edited:
Well FiachraIR, I have just finished the last of the NI Railways Lines and will get round to a slideshow to add to the previous 5 already on my website. Now I am going to try and see how far I cab get to the SE of Ireland. Have track laid right down to where Dublin should be (!) and put in stations at Dundalk and Drogheda. In addition have the approaching tracks into Dublin Connnolly Station platforms and the parts of lines around it and beyond. The 2 branches off the Enterprise route will be attempted as well (Howth and the Tara Mines lines)l. Don't know long this will take me but for ow making an effort.

I dare say I could just have stopped at Newry as it was originally an NIR project but if I can keep going. I can add 3 IR routes and with the tracks to Dublin gives an oportunity in time to grow even further into the IR networ. This will be yet another slog as that is what I have found doing what I have to date. It might not be pristine ut it creates a whole new ball ganme for Ireland on Trainz.

http://northernirelandrailwaysim.moonfruit.com/

Well, Auran/N3V may have a polite word in the Irishman's shell-like, but it's not up to you or me to police the forum now, is it? Maybe your abrupt manner is what got you banned from the forum one before H222, hmmm?

It's a grand picture all the same, so it is!

Why I got banned is none of your business, although it has to do with certain members certainly abusing their privileges. Not only is his signature far too big, it's annoying as well.

CoC #18B - Signature banners may not cover an area greater than 800 pixels in width, 100 pixels in height and may not have a total file size greater than 30kb.

and maybe you should pay attention to CoC 19? publicly commenting about moderation decisions. Enough hypocrisy sterrett.

Cheers

@H222 - An enlightening and useful addition to this thread I'm sure.

Back on topic, for the benefit of Fiachra, I think the following route, while not based in the South East, may have more than a slight resemblance to some of the Dublin suburban network. Having downloaded it, I can thoroughly recommend the route which covers (approximately) Connolly and north up to Howth, Malahide and Drogheda. There isn't any catenary to cover DART services but this could easily be added.

http://www.filedropper.com/harcourtolddublinv220130815

Last edited:
Hmm. Your sig is too big. it's only 540 pixels to tall for the forum board

He has already been notified by PM. Hopefully he will modify his signature. In the future, please report the issue to a moderator and we will handle it.

Thank you and regards,

John

I am now slowly working south of Newry towards the Border. What I do wonder is if i can stick to this as it took so long to do north of Border and the long Londonderry rute was an effort - Dublin will be the same. For now having the track all the way to dublin the Connolly Station platforsm and kind of roof in place along with all the approaching lines and the nearby goods tracks will persevere for now. While i am trying to stick to it I cannot leave the Howth or Navan branches. Should I find that I am stretching things my fall back is to upload the N.I.R. with the extensions South and someone else can have a crack at scenery! Certainly I could spend a wee nit les time on scenery rather than throw the towel in. Will keep folk up to date although what has been done so far hasn't raised much of a practical interest.

I have always had an interest in the old Rosslare to Waterford (and onward to Limerick Junction) route. As the vapourware king, I actually started it in all three of the big sims but never got much further than setting out the DEM and a bit of track laying. Perhaps one to revisit at some stage though probably not this side of the New Year given other projects I'm working on.

I have countless routes which haven't progressed beyond a baseboard or too. Dublin, Howth, a local heritage line, Edinburgh Glasgow TransDEM route to name a few. It can become such a time consuming process that you just lose the will.

I actually had Howth tramway about 40% done then for some reason (I think it was a repeated outbreak of spline detachment) got annoyed and binned it. :( Shame, as it was looking quite good, still got all the data and maps for it so another one to put on the 2014 "try again" list, along with Rosslare to Waterford as mentioned and a couple of interesting old lines in NW Ireland - Clifden and Achill.

Pfx has been very honest on the trying to stick to something as he has said in the past. Not easy to do at all and i must admit that I thought that my Irish attempt was perhaps a step too far. The long route to Londonderry took me dashed ages then the Larne line proved awkward. Trying to extend beyond my original NIR aim is throwing up doubts about the sticking to it issues as it is another drag plod to get South. Anyway for now, I will see how far I get with it regarding Dublin as the amount of scenery in parts is another mountain to climb. Building the whole of the former vast Glasgow tramway which I have still to upoad took me over 3 years off and on and it is big (still not uploade) having been what was Britain's second tram system. Still ponder on how i managed that one. If it does eventually floor me at least the original project is done and space left for someone to continue. Meantime, I plod on towards Dublin.

It is so easy to give up anything challenging Vern and you are not alone on that one. So far I have been luckier than others who give up though so long may that continue. So far, I have the longest train build for the Emerald Isle and based on the modern situation. So for now I will see how far south I can get. Putting in Dundalk and Drogheda stations as well as part of Connolly was to encourage myself. Someone did a while ago say they would actually build the viaduct at Drogheda but didn't happen so rather than dwell on the negatives just stuck in what one could rather than be put off. Of course in the end it is hope that most will be supportive too of what I am doing from a difficult distance on the mainland but will keep the thread posted and must now get to doing that Larne line slideshow to compliment the other 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back