Something Trainz should get involved with

I've been thinking trainz should get invollved with.
Have anybody notice that they don't the opition of track clearence green enabled or the limited preempt mode/highway traffic light mode.
like if you dont understand what i'm talking about lookn at this video here of how it works.

ATLS.
1x1-pixel.png

But would it be cool of the atls system do more than just do more You can't do a track clearance green and do a limited phasing cycle while a train passes all the atls do is keeps a traffic light green during limited preemptive mode.And u use SPL to keep it green the whole entire time.Would it be nice for the atls system to do a limited phasing instead of staying green?

Limited phasing?

I think you're in an army of one. No idea what you're talking about, and your lack of punctuation doesn't help

Here's what he is talking about in detail:
Let's say that we have train tracks parallel to a road in a town. There is an intersection controlled by traffic lights, and just beyond the intersection is a level crossing. What he would like to see, is that the road, not affected by the passing train stay green, and the only reason that they change is for pedestrians. The road brought to a halt by the passing of the train would remain red the whole time until the train passed, where then it could once again begin it's phasing. It would also be great for street running trains as well. I'm not sure such a system is possible in trainz, but I will let the experts better chime in and give detail into how something exactly, or close to what this is can be done.

I understand. Again, something that is possible with ATLS (if you use the appropriate traffic signals with alot of fiddling). Apart from that, at least on my route, traffic lights are just like any other scenery and I could care less what kind of phases they go through because I'm driving a train not a road vehicle. Sophisticated traffic signal operation for routes with trams or "driveable" cars, although not built-in, is possible as stated above but entirely unnecessary.

Amen to that. Exactly how much "realism" do some people expect.

Yes, it would be nice if the ATLS developers could add working pedestrian activated crossing buttons to their traffic lights, and "Jay Walkers" and ...

I understand. Again, something that is possible with ATLS (if you use the appropriate traffic signals with alot of fiddling). Apart from that, at least on my route, traffic lights are just like any other scenery and I could care less what kind of phases they go through because I'm driving a train not a road vehicle. Sophisticated traffic signal operation for routes with trams or "driveable" cars, although not built-in, is possible as stated above but entirely unnecessary.

OK so I understand that you think traffic lights is a scenery "THING" to you but I really care about the atls system limited phrasing should be available under the ATLS system that's all I'm saying.
Yea we drive trains and traffic signals are just a scenery item but what about the people who uses the system would it be awesome if they update up a little? its just my opinion.:eek:

Last edited:
OK so I understand that you think traffic lights is a scenery "THING" to you but I really care about the atls system limited phrasing should be available under the ATLS system that's all I'm saying.
Yea we drive trains and traffic signals are just a scenery item but what about the people who uses the system would it be awesome if they update up a little? its just my opinion.:eek:

And I understand what you want. Have you even tried ATLS in it's full glory? It can do a simple crossing, it can also do extremely complex junctions with multiple tracks across multiple roads and intersections - way more than just a scenery item I assure you. Sufficiently advanced functionality is already present in Trainz is what I'm saying, and I'm leaving it at that. Please don't become the other brat who kept demanding that Trainz needs things like air traffic control systems.

And I understand what you want. Have you even tried ATLS in it's full glory? It can do a simple crossing, it can also do extremely complex junctions with multiple tracks across multiple roads and intersections - way more than just a scenery item I assure you. Sufficiently advanced functionality is already present in Trainz is what I'm saying, and I'm leaving it at that. Please don't become the other brat who kept demanding that Trainz needs things like air traffic control systems.
Oh no, that's not me.
Trust me I love the ATLS System I was just bringing up something new.
There's plenty ways to make trainz perfect but, i'll just go along with it like I been dealing with it.
I just wanted to see who Agrees with me about this minor issue. Nothing Major.
and I Hope I Didn't make anyone upset or frustrated.

Back