Snow is not working

Fineas10

Hello!

I have a problem with the snow. When I place the snow altitude to 0 meters it laso change the grass. When I set it to another value, it change only the trees, but not the grass. Do you have any idea about this?

Thank you!

unknown.png
unknown.png

I believe that this (or a very similar issue) has been raised in another thread so you may not be alone. I also believe that the issue has been recognised as a bug by N3V.

It was fully reported to N3V in early March 2020, but they are not going to fix it.

Well not quite. It will not be fixed in the current versions of Trainz but it will be in the new (still under development) terrain system.

Unfortunately this all means it will remain as is (and as it has been for 6 years already) until the new terrain system comes on line.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the issue is. You want both to change? Or just the trees? Or just the grass?

What about the textures?

Surely if you want snow it should be textures + trees + grass? Which is what I see in the first image.

Phil

What is supposed to happen is that everything, objects and textures, respond to snowline in the same way.

Imagine you have a hill with a peak at +100 m, but you have set the snowline to +50 m, which should produce a snow-capped hill with both objects and textures snowy at or above +50 m.

As it stands, only the objects above 50 m get snowy, the textures don’t. To also force snowy ground texture, you must set the snowline at 0 m (or less). So the +100 m altitude hill with snow on the ground just on the hilltop is not possible due to this fault.

Last edited:
Back