Slow down on a junction why??

Hunter58

Just check out this video. What you see are two loops controlled by an enhanced interlocking tower. The loc gets a green signal; and start to move. Both switches are set in the right direction and the next signal is green. So the loc starts to accelerate comes near the first junction and for some unknown reason slows down and almost comes to a complete stop. Then it starts up again this time coming to speed and is on its way.

I really have no clue why that loc is slowing down and, in some rare cases even comes to a full stop.
Any ideas?

Ruud

The video, nor your post, show what is after the 2 juntions. This has a lot to do with what will happen next. If the next 3 signals are all green, and the loco was already at speed, for example, then the loco may behave differently.

The video, nor your post, show what is after the 2 juntions. This has a lot to do with what will happen next. If the next 3 signals are all green, and the loco was already at speed, for example, then the loco may behave differently.

Christopher,
At least two of the junction ahead are green. And yes if the loco is already at normal speed it passes the junction without slowing down. It is not a major issue by the way but just something I'm very curious about 😊

Could this be something similar to Track Markers? If the TM is defaulted to 20m (or greater) a train will slowdown when approaching the outer boundaries and speed back up after crossing the TM. If the TM radius is set to 1m, the affect is hardly noticeable. Not sure if the Enhanced Interlocking Towers does the same thing. Just throwing this out as an observation of similar actions.

BTW, you can change the junction radius to a smaller value to see if that helps.

Last edited:
The AI is slowing down because its line is un-signaled as it enters the junction.

You need to place signals like this:

Signal Setup 2.jpg
The black Ts are the bases. The signal faces at the locomotive - engineer sees the aspects.

The red-green signal is a diverging signal. In JR's signals it's a Type 06.

The two red signals are absolute signals.

If the line is really, really long, you may want to put in some permissive or advance signals to keep the AI moving, otherwise, they'll look all the way down the line at the very end and this can cause them to slow down even if the immediate signal is green.

John,
Thanks for the explanation. I'm just getting into signalling and signaltypes. I will experiment with it some more based on your sketch.
After a log time I'm back to trainz because I like it more. I have been busy lately with EEP. In there signals are just lights you have to control with contacts and your own script. In trainz the signal are scripted themselves and that is something I have to get used to 😊

Back