Show Off Your Routes *Potential For Large Screenshots*

5ca80f60b1f89a15496cfc3da6a94f50.png

dad6decf59a84ea8af9e7ec85f673e1e.png

The "New" Lehigh Valley's Coxton Yards in TANE. The tracks of the southern half of the yard have been places. I'm waiting on some updates on the Coxton Roundhouse from it's creator BenDorsey. Once the roundhouse is connected I will work on the northern half of the yard. After that, it's track building for 90 miles up the Susquehanna River to the Sayre Shops. While this route is modeled in the late 1960's, I'm taking some creative liberties and restoring it's steam operations to it's former glory.

Dang Cam, I was thinking that it was more like UP Proviso's yard... That trackwork is splendid in regards to how massive that WIP yard really is.... :)

It's strange how time can simultaneously change and preserve a location.

A LE&E hotshot rockets by with C628 number 2817 in the lead.
cdbd624eaaf0814cdfffa082e81cd90a.jpg

Over 40 years later, with the chants from Schenectady but a distant memory, NS J21, a manifest freight, storms by the very same crossing. The line has been single tracked and downgraded to a secondary line by NS, who bought it from the LE&E in the mid 90's after cost cutting measures necessitated downsizing.
c28204682c0fb691a06f35e256158b1b.jpg

18157a1472a6ef64a3317b5ebc241007.jpg
7409ba9c405813d6525791902f83f2a8.jpg

I've been working on gfisher's Saint Barbara Island for many years now and recently added a new railroad line to the island.

Fisher's Sugar Plantation RR.

The sugar plant is a busy place at dawn. The third class pulls out from the sugar plant flag stop as one of the St. Barbara RR two Moguls drops a string of cane loaded gondolas on the standard gauge line.
Meanwhile on the two foot gauge plantation line one of the Shay's pulls loaded bins into the unloading dock while the remaining locomotives take workers, tools, and strings of bins out to the fields.

This is my first successful creation of a complete railroad. I'm rather pleased although there is much still to do.

Fisher Plantation RR Roster
Locomotives;
#1 0-4-4T Hinkley 1877 former SR&RL (modeled by slugsmasher)
#2 12 ton Shay 1888 former ALCo (modeled by bdaneal)
#3 12 ton Shay 1888 former ALCo (repaint by zapperjet)
#4 4-6-0T Baldwin 1917 former WHR (modeled by kevmt/clam1958)
#5 0-4-4T Portland former SR&RL (modeled by slugsmasher)
Rolling Stock;
20 - 10 ton Cane Trucks former QLD (modeled by alby6)
2 - Open Coachs former F&WH (modeled by edh6)
1 - Boxcar/tool car former SR&RL (modeled by narrowgauge)
1 - Flanger converted to caboose/foremans car former SR&RL (modeled by narrowgauge)
Assets;
1 - 3 70' stall stone Roundhouse (modeled by elvenor)
1 - 56' wooden A-frame turntable (modeled by elvenor)
2.5 miles of track, 2 foot gauge, max grade 8% (modeled by belkenn)
5 - field loading points 1 - drop off point (BI2 by lars)

TS12SP1HF4

Last edited:
Some more gratuitous pictures from Saint Barbara Island around Port Christopher

Dawn over Fort George. The freight dock is in the distance.

Rails and I-beams received at the Port Christopher freight docks. Fort George is on the island in the background. (neither the horses nor the locomotive are looking forward to the 2.5% grade up to the mainline)

Saint Barbara exports sugar, bananas, and oranges and imports just about everything else. While it is 1919 the St. Barbara RR still uses wood burning locomotives to avoid importing coal. (and because Geo. Fisher can get them cheap)

TR12SP1HF4

Last edited:
WOW this Island Route is amazing NormHart. I really like the touch of quality you put into this.

Thanks! gfisher did all the hard work, I've been adding touches here and there as I convert it to an all wood burning route, work on the industries and try to add sufficient people, cars, horses, wagons to help it come alive. I have generated quite a backstory for what's going on on the Island. The nice thing about fictional layouts is you can invent a whole world. The next project for the island once I've cleaned up a few things is running a 36ng logging line into the mountains. A very serious challenge for me that I've been surveying for years.

More gratuitous Saint Barbara screenies

Geo. Fisher's Mansion hidden high in the mountains. Some say he owns the island, others say he just owns everything that's valuable on the island. He does own all the sugar plantations, the St. Barbara RR, and three of the four ships that come to the island. But his friends own much of the remainder of the island;

D. M. Drake's manor with a great view. Mr. Drake is owner and President of Drake's Bananas.

(I have been unable to locate B. Dorsey's home, he is owner operator of Dorsey's Produce)

Aw, heck! Jes' put a couple o' dem Shay's on and it shud work jes' fine. I reckon if you need more power jes' put another Shay on the back!

These sentences/phrases, and more importantly the whole "backwoods, derelict, rusty, weathered" theme make logging railroads fun.

Back