Show Off Your Routes *Potential For Large Screenshots*

My fictional 1067mm Electric route. With an Indonesian/Japanese EMU running on it :) .

Taken at Trainz Simulator 12

Last edited:
The Birch and Declaration Line
The fictional Birch and Declaration Line is modeled in three different eras. B&D began as the Birch and Declaration division comprised of Declaration, Deane, Allison, Snowden and Birch. This circa 1960. At that time Declaration yard was an interchange yard serving the CB&Q, Great Northern and Northern Pacific railroads. Birch was the furthermost division point where the Milwaukee and the NP interchanged.
2016-12-27%20051334.jpg

Birch 1960
2016-12-27%20080818.jpg

In the next phase, circa early 1970s, the B&D line is a subdivision following the merger of the CB&Q, GN, NP and SP&S railroads and the demise of the Milwaukee.
2016-12-27%20054420.jpg

Birch 1972
2016-12-27%20082917.jpg

Circa the turn of the Century, B&D is a regional Class 2 railroad serving the BNSF and B&D railroads.
2016-12-27%20083738.jpg
2016-12-27%20060511.jpg

Well finally! After about 2 or 3 years of occasionally mucking about with it, trying a wide assortment of buildings, turntables, transfer tables, and all manner of things I've finally settled on primary buildings and their locations and pretty much settled on the trackage for the Wingersheek steam locomotive facility on my fictional New Haven Coastal route. This facility pre-dates the New Haven acquisition of the Dover Springs branch and now serves as the home for the branch rail buses as well as light steam maintenance shops.

Much yet to do in terms of clean up and scenery additions but the major work is done (whew). :D

Last edited:
Five years in the making, now on the DLS is my version of the Oil Creek and Titusville Railway. The Oil Creek and Titusville operates over tracks that were originally built as the main line of the Buffalo, New York and Philadelphia Railroad in the 1880s; trackage in Titusville was originally owned by the Dunkirk, Allegheny Valley and Pittsburgh Railroad. The Buffalo, New York and Philadelphia was reorganized in 1887 into the Western New York and Pennsylvania Railroad, which was eventually acquired by the Pennsylvania Railroad in 1900. The Pennsylvania was merged with the New York Central Railroad in 1968 and became Penn Central. In 1976, Penn Central went bankrupt, along with several other railroads, and was combined into Conrail.

In 1986, the line was acquired from Conrail by the Oil Creek Railway Historical Society, with the first tourist trains running on July 18; freight operations began on September 25, 1986. Briefly, from December 2, 1995 to August 1996, the Oil Creek and Titusville operated over the former Conrail main line between Meadville and Corry. The operation and ownership of that line reverted to Conrail before being turned over to the Western New York and Pennsylvania Railroad.

Infrastructure

The OC&T is notable in that it operates the only working Railway Post Office in the United States. For income, it may carry a few freight cars at the end of the passenger cars. The trackage was formerly Conrail and was out of service in 1986 when it was purchased by the founders. The inaugural excursion came in July of that year.The railway travels through the Oil Creek State Park on its journey over 13.5 miles (21.7 km) of track. It hauls over 1,000 carloads of freight and 15,000 passengers each year.

All scenery has been placed using Google Earth. The Route includes three sessions "Oil Creek and Titusville Railroad - Multiplayer Free Roam", OCTR Excursion Train - Mixed Passenger and Freight" and "Cold Freight Day at Titusville".
07f93ff3b3d933b59e8a6a8742e4ef0e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
744853d1066642b6e9175d0bc42f1f6b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Enjoy.
Regards
Bob

Terrific route, Bob. My wife and I rode on the Oil Creek and Titusville Railroad several years back. It was a Murder Mystery Excursion. A lot of fun. If I remember correctly, we ate dinner at the Petroleum Center. Thanks for the route. Your years of hard work are much appreciated.

Mike in western Pennsylvania

Last edited:
Back