Show off your reskins!

Just made a reskin of Rebuilt Royal Scott No.46108 "Seaforth Highlander" out of a model I found on a site. Can't remember what it was called tho. (Route by me)
Flaps.png

Allegedly, an internal CSX email was leaked, blowing the cover off a potential new paint scheme. My source on this is, of course, "trust me bro", so take it with a grain of salt. I'm not sure how close to the real deal this is going to be (if it even is real), as the source material is a single drawing on a totally different model of engine.

Until proven legit, I am calling this a work of fiction, and a coincidence. And hopefully I'm not going to get somebody in trouble by doing this...

AYuetFV.jpg

Matt

Interesting! It looks mostly like (except the rear) like the return of YN2 or "Make YN2 new again/YN4".
Yeah, my skin doesn't do it justice (again, I used an ES44AH instead of the SD70MAC the leak showed), but I think it's going to look great on a real engine. I kinda hope it's real.

If this is real and starts getting painted on real locomotives, I'll likely go back and tweak this skin.

Matt

Wow, that does look great. It's great that CSX is bring out more special units, but too bad I retired from railfanning and don't plan on doing it again

My attempt in doing the Burlington Northern's Triclops SD60Ms. I did a decent job at doing them, I'm still not great at reskinning but this will do, I don't know about fitting the emissive headlights to them.
Burlington-Northern-Railroad%27s-SD60Ms.jpg

I made this reskin some time ago, I don't exactly remember when I made it, it was before I did the variant of the BN SD60M with the lettering in the conductor's side. Which is the one seen in this screenshot besides the BN SD60M with the vents on the conductor's side, that one was made ages ago and I haven't used them ever since.

My attempt in doing the Burlington Northern's Triclops SD60Ms. I did a decent job at doing them, I'm still not great at reskinning but this will do, I don't know about fitting the emissive headlights to them.
Burlington-Northern-Railroad%27s-SD60Ms.jpg

I made this reskin some time ago, I don't exactly remember when I made it, it was before I did the variant of the BN SD60M with the lettering in the conductor's side. Which is the one seen in this screenshot besides the BN SD60M with the vents on the conductor's side, that one was made ages ago and I haven't used them ever since.
There's is some potential with the BN SD60Ms, I will find a use for them. I will start add in the JR's emissive headlight, after that I will post some pictures of them in a different thread. I will see how it goes, I will give some updates when the time comes and when my skill gets better eventually.

Can You Release all of your Content Including This, Please? You Never Release your Content over then a Decade!
Out of respect for original creators' license agreements and copyrights and such, much of my content can not and will not be released. Most of my reskins are of JointedRail products, and they are very strict about that kind of stuff. Some of my rolling stock reskins are available at NARM, as they have permissions from JR to host reskins of certain models.

To quote my signature, "All reskins shown are private unless otherwise noted".

Sorry to be this way, but I can't afford a lawsuit.

Matt

Last edited:
F Units for the DT&KC. Most were scrapped in the mid 70s. A select few A units were rebuilt in the late 70s as F38-2s for publicity work, while most of the Bs survived into the 90s as yard slugs, mated with GP9s. Those mated with GP9s lost their blue paint and gained the later gray and red scheme. All remaining unmodified Fs were scrapped in 1997, and the F38-2s were sold off in 2013.

Capture.png

Interesting blue and red colors. the one set on the right looks very good with that weathering.
Thank you! The Gray-Red-Blue scheme was the DT&KC's Phase 1 livery and was applied to all locos starting from the railroad's conception to around the mid 60s, where the Gray-Red scheme (Phase 2) with the white safety stripes became a thing. The Fs kept their original paint for their entire lives except for some F7Bs converted to slugs which got the blue part removed.

One of my early diesel reskins from last year. I've learned much working with the texture layouts of Jointed Rail's older EMD models. Mostly the GP38-2 and GP40-2. These are a quartet of ATSF GP38 variants, which have been in the works since last year. Since I've started them I've periodically updated them as I learned how to reskin JR's models. I can say now that they are finished and will be releasing on Canadian Pacific Locomotive Works, the site I'm part of, in the near future. Date TBD as we're busy with personal lives and other projects.

I've seen the ex Toledo, Peoria and Western GP38-2s more often when I look up ATSF GP38s than the originals built new for the Santa Fe in June 1970. RRMods has done payware skins of the ex-TP&W geeps for both the freightbonnet and SPSF kodachrome schemes. HP Trainz has released payware BNSF patched GP38-2s in the freightbonnet scheme as well, but theirs aren't entirely accurate. HP's geeps use ex-BN running numbers from the videos I've seen. ATSF never bought any GP38-2s with dynamic brakes. Instead their modest group of 61 GP38s were straight pre-dash 2 versions. It is ironic that the ex TP&W dash-2 versions will pop up more often than the straight built-new ATSF GP38s.

These four reskins are the closest as you can get to a straight ATSF GP38 without a new model from Jointed Rail or RRMods. I have improved much on the appearance of these diesels since I started them a year ago. Fixing errors with where yellow or blue paint should go, adding in missing details, correcting the layers for the logos so they'll properly show details, or even switching from the Conrail/INRD GP38-2 to the CORP GP38-3 for something closer to a straight GP38, I'm proud of how these engines turned out.

Original GP38s - as-delivered "Bookends" scheme (1970) and Freightbonnet repaint (late 1970s - 3501 was repainted around December 16, 1977)

2023-09-12_195705.jpg

Rebuilt GP38us - Freightbonnet renumbering and rebuild to 2300 series (1982 ~ 1984/5, 3512 was the first rebuilt in October 1982, 3501 was rebuilt by September 1984) Then finally here is 3512/2312 in its unique Kodachrome scheme for the GP38s (failed Southern Pacific - Santa Fe merger, mid-1980s, repainted back into Freightbonnet 1990-1991.)

2023-09-12_195638.jpg

Good job on your skins Shebashetan7. Truly nice work. With the silver trucks on your GP units, did you get them off the DLS? Or did you reskin them yourself? The reason why I ask is because I'm looking for silver trucks that aren't so bright. I emailed one of the content creators asking him if I could reskin one of his trucks to a duller shade (because, so far, I couldn't find any on the DLS that are of a dull silver) but he never responded. The DLS has Type 2 dull silver (or grey) GP trucks with one piston, but I was looking for a Type 1 (seen on your units) with two pistons because Type 2 trucks don't look complete.

- RR70

Last edited:
Good job on your skins Shebashetan7. Truly nice work. With the silver trucks on your GP units, did you get them off the DLS? Or did you reskin them yourself? The reason why I ask is because I'm looking for silver trucks that aren't so bright. I emailed one of the content creators asking him if I could reskin one of his trucks to a duller shade (because, so far, I couldn't find any on the DLS that are of a dull silver) but he never responded. The DLS has Type 2 dull silver (or grey) GP trucks with one piston, but I was looking for a Type 1 (seen on your units) with two pistons because Type 2 trucks don't look complete.

- RR70
Thank you for the compliment! The trucks are Jointed Rail original Blomberg B skins from the DLS - <kuid2:45324:50006:5> Blomberg B (silver)

Back