Show off your reskins!

With some new techniques learned, the noses on my '90s BN SD40-2s, GP50 and GP38-2s have gotten some updates. The fronts have been redone with better fidelity to the details on the rest of the model.

2023-12-10_203603.jpg

Those U25Bs are looking good, DARTrider!

Here are a few things I've been working on - some New Haven Lima LS-1200s (DEY-6s to the NH) and a New Haven RS-2. The 636 is a relatively clean version, while the 639 has some weathering applied. I might still refine the weathering a bit, but if folks are interested, I can look into getting these packaged up for release.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Those U25Bs are looking good, DARTrider!

Here are a few things I've been working on - some New Haven Lima LS-1200s (DEY-6s to the NH) and a New Haven RS-2. The 636 is a relatively clean version, while the 639 has some weathering applied. I might still refine the weathering a bit, but if folks are interested, I can look into getting these packaged up for release.

Didn't know the New Haven rostered Lima LS-1200s. But looking good!

Didn't know the New Haven rostered Lima LS-1200s. But looking good!

Thanks! Yeah they had 10, but they stayed fairly close to Maybrook Yard and only lasted about a decade before they were retired, so they definitely weren't the most photographed units on the roster.

Switching coasts, here's something else I've been working on for a little while, a Spokane Portland & Seattle C636:

The C636 and the Lima 1200 have both been learning experiences in terms of how to reskin and weather with PBR. While I won't claim to have gotten it right just yet, I'm happy with the progress so far.

This is more than a simple reskin of the good ol' auran ATSF cars. Used alpha mapping and IMEditor to delete unwanted parts (original gangway, the unrealistic Kadee coupler, etc. I custom modelled all the end components you see. All I need to add now is some steps/grab irons.
2024-03-14-130850.jpg

Back