Session question

Forester1

Greetings. I downloaded a session that is missing a few assets. In running through "Edit Session", I did not find anything obviously missing. The session is not interactive, it just appears to be set up to run on my own. My question is, can I just delete the missing assets from the session config.txt file like I would a regular asset, or do I have to do a "Delete missing assets" and save, as I would with a route? If so, would it end up as a copy with my own KUID like a route would?

You can't delete assets from the config.txt file. The list of assets in the config.txt file is there for the search-filter to work properly when you press CTRL+F. Deleting the KUIDs and the listed assets may work initially but those deleted assets will return as soon as you run a DBR.

You can try DMA, but that will also prompt you to save the route too.

I'd run a DBR first. If that doesn't clear it up, go ahead DMA, save but give the route a modified name you can find easily. Exit, edit the session config.sys to point to the original route. Delete the new route (or not) and try the session again.

:B~)

One other thought.

The session may show a missing dependency because the missing dependency is a missing dependency of something else that isn't being reported. I've run into this with other assets such as locomotives.

Okay, I was thinking about this again... It's funny how we do that!

Your missing asset may actually be on the route and not in the session, and is a dependency of a dependency. I ran into that recently and the only way to find it was to literally dig through the dependencies recursively. After I did the recursive dependency list, I looked carefully at the assets until I saw the red one with the missing dependency. I was able to download the asset that was missing and that fixed the problem.

Thanks John. In this case they are missing from the session, because in CM the session says it is missing dependencies. Probably some rolling stock or something, although all consists look complete.

Thanks John. In this case they are missing from the session, because in CM the session says it is missing dependencies. Probably some rolling stock or something, although all consists look complete.
Yes, it could be there but also check the route as well. It's annoying, believe me.

Back