S2.0 and water effect

valbridge

Rail Tragic
Kinda confused on this....maybe someone can sort me out here.
Followed the steps to create new water effect layer [calm] as instructed by N3V tutorial...so far so good.
However, once the game completed its readjustment for the new water layer around 30%, if not more, [flooding] occured, where it should not, and throughout the route.
I can get rid of this 'flooding' if I set water height to say -20 then paint over the 'flooded' areas it will disappear [laborious].
Have I missed something when creating the layer? Or is this something to do with the route terrain?
Suggestions welcomed.
Cheers,
Val.

You have not missed anything. The layer covers the whole board at the default height. If you have only a small amount of water you can lower the whole layer and then just raise the parts you need.

You have not missed anything. The layer covers the whole board at the default height. If you have only a small amount of water you can lower the whole layer and then just raise the parts you need.
Yes stagecoach you are correct, unfortunately I have a harbour and some beach scenes so quite a lot of water. Looks like I have to reduce water where it should not be the hard way. If only we could simply reduce water height at the point of creating the various water elements [calm/ripple etc] to below the default board height setting.

Back