Problem. Shrink-wrapped mountains and moors. Build 122431. Mac M1

I love the HD upgrade and Trains Plus in general and really do appreciate all the work that everyone's put into it. There is one relatively minor issue that have shown up so far, for me though; viz -The sudden appearance of patches of 'water' all over my HD terrain. It looks like shrink wrap although bizarrely it often vanishes when I zoom right in only for it to reappear as I zoom out again. I would have attached screen shots but I don't have permissions. I am able to lower the water level on the layer, piecemeal using the brush tool, but it's a long and laborious task. There must be hundreds of them. Even more bizarrely they appear in new places where they weren't before when I close and reopen my route, like Whack-a-Mole jellyfishes.

My route is quite scenery intensive and measures something like 25 baseboards by 20. I run an M1 iMac and am on Build 122431. Any help or advice would be very welcome - or indeed any news that this is a known issue which will be fixed with a future update. Many thanks all.

Well, classic water is converted to the new water effect layer(s) and I believe it is automatically set to -5m so if your terrain dips below that I would think the water will show.

No - this is even appearing on mountains and to an extent it follows the mountains' contours. Plus it's wont to appear, disappear and reappear as I move around. I tried messing around with the binding parameters in the layer editing window, but without knowing what I'm doing I don't want to risk disaster. Thank you though for your reply. ps. Wish I could post screen shots.

I have dem data that is in W.V. and Kentucky and it did the same to my route, I'm having to go all over and lower it by hand pain in the you know. Thay always mess stuff up.

Seem to be getting the same thing. Blue patches, mostly at a higher elevation but also down low.

They disappear when I zoom in on them.

Mac OS 13.5
Trainz build 122431

Cayden

y5nr5ho.jpg

Last edited:
I love the HD upgrade and Trains Plus in general and really do appreciate all the work that everyone's put into it. There is one relatively minor issue that have shown up so far, for me though; viz -The sudden appearance of patches of 'water' all over my HD terrain. It looks like shrink wrap although bizarrely it often vanishes when I zoom right in only for it to reappear as I zoom out again. I would have attached screen shots but I don't have permissions. I am able to lower the water level on the layer, piecemeal using the brush tool, but it's a long and laborious task. There must be hundreds of them. Even more bizarrely they appear in new places where they weren't before when I close and reopen my route, like Whack-a-Mole jellyfishes.

My route is quite scenery intensive and measures something like 25 baseboards by 20. I run an M1 iMac and am on Build 122431. Any help or advice would be very welcome - or indeed any news that this is a known issue which will be fixed with a future update. Many thanks all.[/QUOTE

That was happening to me even with 122071. Same thing: sometimes it disappeared when I got close and sometimes not. I had already had to raise my general water level to 2m because my ocean otherwise had a "wall" on the horizon, but water levels seem to move sometimes as you move land. It's a bit weird.

Many thanks for your replies gents. Glad to know I'm not alone. On my route it's even more pervasive though. I suppose I'll just set my brush size to huge , water level down, and go over the route taking care not to drain all my legitimate rivers and lakes. I now have this mental image of the substance being jelly (jello?) rather than water, or frogspawn even.

Seem to be getting the same thing. Blue patches, mostly at a higher elevation but also down low.

They disappear when I zoom in on them.

Mac OS 13.5
Trainz build 122431

Cayden

The problem would appear to be with a particular texture.

rhpAfH1.jpg

I found that if I painted any texture on the blue area the blue disappeared is the adjacent area. Here is painted white snow just where the arrow is pointing and the blue disappeared from the area outlined in yellow. Strange. I haven't used Surveyor 2 so don't know how to replace textures, if you even can, but it appears to be a particular texture. Not sure which one as when I get up close the blue disappears.

IyLfpGi.jpg

But it doesn't stay. Upon saving, closing and reopening the route the blue patches are back.

Cayden

Last edited:
The blue patches... Have you taken a look through your layers palettes? In addition to my random water patches I was getting light blue patches and found they belonged to an ADDITIONAL water layer that had spontaneously generated itself and when I switched out that layer the light blue patches disappeared. I can do the same thing with my main water layer, but that then dries up all my legitimate watery areas too.

I have a Legacy Water Import Layer. I deleted it and got rid of the Blue patches. Also lost the water in the rivers and creeks.

Tried data base repair holding down the control key repeating it a couple of times and was able to get rid of the blue patches and retain Water Import Layer and the water in the rivers and creeks. At least I think that’s how it happened.

0UKQfmz.jpg

Also opened Trainz Driver/Surveyor, selected the orange icon and selected the textures that I could not delete and were listed a available from the download station. Carried out a download a couple of times. They downloaded and the orange icon disappeared indicating that the route had everything. Again, not sure why this worked but issues I was having seem to have been resolved.

TDDVSWm.jpg

Hope this may help others if they have the same challenges.

Cayden

Back