Russian Assets - N3V Please Clarify Intentions

I don't think N3V will impose sanctions on Russians by banning Russian Content. Many Russian content is being uploaded to the DLS every day, and the Russian creators have no ties to the Kremlin. Imposing sanctions against Russian Trainz users would get rid of most of the game's users.

Last edited:
Sometimes you make a gesture not because it will do any good, but because it is a good thing to do.

Is it any good? Blocking innocent nobodies in Russia who would get arrested and sent to a gulag for disagreeing with the Kremlin from playing a video game?

I think use of DLS assets don't really count as regards any kind of support financially or politically. There may be a pittance some Russian creator may get as royalties for the sale of a DLC route or asset, but again, other than that, the DLC has already been paid for by N3V. So, I think it is really a tempest in a teapot. It doesn't amount to a hill of beans. Now I DID almost change my signature to say "Boycott Shell Oil", because they are buying hundreds of thousands of barrels of discounted Russian oil, but that is another matter of scale entirely. So unless your scruples really prohibit you from using content from a Russian creator who, for all we know may not even be in favor of this war, I would say it is a non-issue.

Shell has announced they will donate the profits from this deal to Ukraine. How many millions have you donated?

wait this is really something someone posted for real? wtf

not using russian assets and barring russian creators from trainz does literally nothing for anyone execpt make you look like a child. can't believe this is an actual thing we need to discuss lmao

I also don't understand at all why the thread initiator prompted such discussion and what intentions made him to do so... :n:

If you actually bother to read what I wrote, I was simply enquiring as to N3V's intentions, to help in deciding whether to use such content in future.
Anyway as I noted above that question has been answered so further discussion not necessary.

My dear friends! Most of the so-called Russian content was created by users from UKRAINE!

Many in the world have never understood the difference between Ukraine and Russia and believed that this is something in common, one people. In fact, this is not so, we have a different culture, history and language. For example, a Ukrainian will understand Polish, Slovak, Bulgarian, Czech speech - a Russian will not understand any of them, including Ukrainian.

Over the years, my friends and I have created a variety of routes, including prototypes of Russian territory, and this does not mean that this is Russian content. For example, if a Pole created a German route.
The Beloreck - South Ural Mountains route, which was included in TRS22, is a prototype of only a beautiful territory, but it is not Russian content!
The same RMM created trees thanks to my help and some from my original photos - how now to consider whether this is Russian or Ukrainian content?

The same applies to locomotives and wagons, I myself created locomotives in Russian colors, but I am Ukrainian and live in Kyiv. EXACTLY LIVED! From my house to Irpin 8km! You have no idea how to live 11 days under the bombings and the constant howl of a siren when you see death, tears of women and children. War is very scary!
I am no longer young and for health reasons I was denied conscription into the army. Thank God my family and I managed to evacuate from the bombing and now we are far from hostilities.
We were left without anything, so I ask you not to remove my content from the store, this income from the sale of which I can somehow live on. Thanks.
https://store.trainzportal.com/collections/dlc?constraint=oleg-khimich

Dearest Oleg and family,

good to hear at least for the moment you are 'safe' and alive.
I refrain from saying what my heart and soul cries for to scream in this horrible world.
Our heart goes out to all of you.
I knew you guys (considered real trainzer friends for so many years) are Ukranians and did a wonderful job creating so many beautiful assets and routes!
Suggest Oleg you ask n3v to close this thread before it becomes inundated with unintentional and intentional confusing remarks and statements.
Try to stay safe and email me if I can be of any kind of help you have my email, it is still the same.

Ning and Roy

My dear friends! Most of the so-called Russian content was created by users from UKRAINE!

Many in the world have never understood the difference between Ukraine and Russia and believed that this is something in common, one people. In fact, this is not so, we have a different culture, history and language. For example, a Ukrainian will understand Polish, Slovak, Bulgarian, Czech speech - a Russian will not understand any of them, including Ukrainian.

Over the years, my friends and I have created a variety of routes, including prototypes of Russian territory, and this does not mean that this is Russian content. For example, if a Pole created a German route.
The Beloreck - South Ural Mountains route, which was included in TRS22, is a prototype of only a beautiful territory, but it is not Russian content!
The same RMM created trees thanks to my help and some from my original photos - how now to consider whether this is Russian or Ukrainian content?

The same applies to locomotives and wagons, I myself created locomotives in Russian colors, but I am Ukrainian and live in Kyiv. EXACTLY LIVED! From my house to Irpin 8km! You have no idea how to live 11 days under the bombings and the constant howl of a siren when you see death, tears of women and children. War is very scary!
I am no longer young and for health reasons I was denied conscription into the army. Thank God my family and I managed to evacuate from the bombing and now we are far from hostilities.
We were left without anything, so I ask you not to remove my content from the store, this income from the sale of which I can somehow live on. Thanks.
https://store.trainzportal.com/collections/dlc?constraint=oleg-khimich

While the situation is sad in regards to what is going on overseas in Ukraine, my thoughts and prayers goes out to those being affected, I will say that taking content off of the download station and elsewhere based on the country is not recommended, this is a train simulator not a place for politics, the last thing we don't need is more fuel to add to the fire, now before anyone jumps on me, I am not saying this to be disrespectful.

Last edited:
Oleg,

I'm so happy you and your family have gotten out of Kyiv safely. I was deeply concerned for you knowing from our previous conversations that you came from there and hearing this makes me feel much better.

My father's family came from Ukraine over a century ago. His mother's family came from Berdychiv in the late 1880s and settled in Brooklyn. His father's parents came a bit later. His grandmother arrived in 1898 and his grandfather in 1902. They came from a village not far from what is today the Belarus border. Leading up to the Russian Revolution, my great grandmother went back to her village to convince other family to come over to America. While cousins and her sister came over, her brother remained to protect the farm. Such a farm of over 10,000 acres we were told. My great, great uncle Aram died defending his farmland against the Bolsheviks.

Stay strong, my dear friend. I have already purchased all the "Russian" DLC that has been made available to us and hope to purchase more in the future.

Thank you for keeping this thread open. It allows me to say thank you to OlegKhim for all your contributions to Trainz and to say I pray that God keeps you and your family safe, and all those innocent people everywhere who been victimized by this war. To all of us who have different political and religious views, may we respectfully remember our common interests and brotherhood rather than what divides us.

I was thinking about him a few days ago. Glad to know your safe, Oleg. And I'm 100% in agreement with Jim's statement above.

I'm a retired GI, hence the name.

I'm sneaking up on 60.

In my over two decades of service, I have three major conflicts under my belt.

I have PTSD. I earned it the real way.

My heart screams to defend those in need. My body just can't do it anymore.

This little game of ours was a distraction for a bit while I was out there. A get away. Still helps today now I'm getting back into it.

Don't let this get caught in the evil we all do.

For those who bang shields and rattle sabres, you will never know until you need them. Your mind will get set right when you do.

Good will and hope to all that are affected in these times. It's all I have left to give.

I didn't know you did most of the work bringing a lot of the Russian trains to this sim and I'm very sorry you had to go through war. I'm happy to hear you and your family are safe and I hope everything gets better for you Oleg!

Back