Running trains to a timetable using sessions in TRS06

hmm, this sounds suspiciously straightforward! I assume when you choose 'stop train' the train stops dead in its tracks before you take over? which may look a little strange as the train approaches the station!

Not if its Birmingham New Street (aka The Crucible after the snooker venue) "Because you have to get a red before you can get a colour!"

Hi everyone and apologies if this query has been answered before (I very much suspect I has been, so I guess I'm being a little bit lazy). :eek:

Can I run set trains to a timetable through my station to/from the portals and then sit back and watch or maybe take over as the trains arrive and then depart from the platforms? It's kind of like the model rail concept I used to love when I was a junior rail modeller.

I notice that the portals can emit defined consists at set time intervals (eg. every 5 minutes), but this, obviously, is not the same as timetabled running.

I had the same problem. My solution was to use the "central portal contol" rule (on the DLS) it allows you to set up a list of train consists that will be produced in squence. It also allows you to aviod the silly (IMHO) emit train every x minutes nonsense and emit the trains when signaled by one of two other rules in the set.

I used the 'CPC:emit train" rule as a child of the "Timecheck" rule and it seemed to work fine at first but then I found that Timecheck stops working after a save and reload. So I'm now rebuilding to use a hidden timing track. The driver commands "wait until hour" and "wait until minute" work fine after
a save and reload so loco + time + triggers + "CPC:emit train on trigger" should work.

I had the same problem. My solution was to use the "central portal contol" rule (on the DLS) it allows you to set up a list of train consists that will be produced in squence. It also allows you to aviod the silly (IMHO) emit train every x minutes nonsense and emit the trains when signaled by one of two other rules in the set.

I used the 'CPC:emit train" rule as a child of the "Timecheck" rule and it seemed to work fine at first but then I found that Timecheck stops working after a save and reload. So I'm now rebuilding to use a hidden timing track. The driver commands "wait until hour" and "wait until minute" work fine after
a save and reload so loco + time + triggers + "CPC:emit train on trigger" should work.

Paulsw2, Are you running TRS2006? I ask because most of sforget's excellent rules are broken by the 2006 code. e.g. I would like to use "emit on trigger" but cannot in 2006.:(

Paulsw2, Are you running TRS2006? I ask because most of sforget's excellent rules are broken by the 2006 code. e.g. I would like to use "emit on trigger" but cannot in 2006.:(

Just another reasion to keep running 04. I have 06 but I rarely use it. My problems were with 04.
Even the work around for the save/reload problem I mentioned failed. Central portal control also had a problem with saves; it kept running but restarted the sequential list of trains to produce from the top.

I am pleased to say that I have found and patched the save/reload problems in both CPC and timecheck.

For timecheck add
Pause(0) BUG FOUND - DON'T USE THIS!!
to the Init function

Edit Oct, 17 2007:
I have found a bug in the above patch! It made existing scenarios with the rule work but adding a new instance of the rule failed (misread set time).

The following patch has been tested with both old and new routes and seems to work every time. Patch in italics:
public void SetProperties(Soup soup)
{
inherited(soup);
SetPropertyValue("time",soup.GetNamedTag("time"));
TimeMonitor();
}

I have seen posts in this thread saying that the current version of the rule works. This is just not true. I downloaded the latest version of the rule that I could for TRS04: kuid2:122381: 10008:1. (There may be a later version for TRS06) and did extensive testing. The rule stops working (in TRS04) after a save (of a DRIVER SESSION) and restore!

For CPC add the CurrentTrain variable to the GetProperties & SetProperties functions.

props.SetNamedTag("CurrentTrain", CurrentTrain);
CurrentTrain = soup.GetNamedTagAsInt("CurrentTrain");

This is the only way that I've found so far to get specific trains out of a portal on schedule.

Last edited:

This is simply not true. I am using all sforget's rules (Un-Portal, CPC's etc.) without any problem in TRS 2006 and TRS 2007. The solution for the mentioned problem ist the use of Time Check (MiZi has updated it, so it works also in saved sessions) which triggers the CPC:Emit Train as child rule. No Abandon Schedule and such is necessary. Is quite simple.

This is the only way that I've found so far to get specific trains out of a portal on schedule

No dlevine, josefpav give you the correct solution.

CPC rule
timecheck
-CPC emit train (child)

This is answer for paulsW2 too. He was asking how to emit train from the portal in the specific time.

Wait until...???

Where are these commands in TRS2006? (Wait until hour, wait until minute?)

I've checked Edit Session, Driver Command, but they are not in that list.

Cheers
Holo

Where are these commands in TRS2006? (Wait until hour, wait until minute?)

I've checked Edit Session, Driver Command, but they are not in that list.

Cheers
Holo

They're driver commands by 'pgiipg':
Wait Until Hour <kuid:178892:80002>

Wait Until Minute <kuid:178892:80003>
available from the download station.....

This is the only way that I've found so far to get specific trains out of a portal on schedule

No dlevine, josefpav give you the correct solution.

CPC rule
timecheck
-CPC emit train (child)

This is answer for paulsW2 too. He was asking how to emit train from the portal in the specific time.
Thank you both for these ideas.

I suspect that attention is now, rightly, going to shift to Segy's 'timetable challenge' thread (see above). So let me round this thread off by concluding that we seem to have four distinct approaches to running trains timetabled by the hour and minute in Trainz:
  1. a set of rules/commands by 'brummfondel' including Portal Manager, Path Control, Timetable etc.
  2. a set of rules/commands by 'sforget' including Central Portal Control and CPC Emit Train;
  3. the SCS2006 rule;
  4. Segy's Crewe schedule that uses SCS2006 and triggers.
So, over to the timetable challenge thread and may the best approach to timetabling trains in Trainz win! :p

This is simply not true. I am using all sforget's rules (Un-Portal, CPC's etc.) without any problem in TRS 2006 and TRS 2007. The solution for the mentioned problem ist the use of Time Check (MiZi has updated it, so it works also in saved sessions) which triggers the CPC:Emit Train as child rule. No Abandon Schedule and such is necessary. Is quite simple.

This is interesting because I've just come across this quotation from sforget himself:
Unfortunately there are issues with the CPC and TRS2006.

I currently have no plans to fix/update the rule for TRS2006 compatibility, and use with TRS2006 is unsupported.

Sorry the inconvenience
This was in answer to a query by Ess1 about the Emit Train on Trigger rule. So the answer is to use the Timecheck rule with the sforget rules and that sorts everything out? :confused:

So:

Timecheck
....CPC: Emit Train on Trigger

Is this correct for TRS2006?

Think over: do i need trigger if portal has exact order(CPC) to emit train at, for instance, 10:12:34(Timecheck).
By the way "CPC emit train on trigger" work in 06.

Think over: do i need trigger if portal has exact order(CPC) to emit train at, for instance, 10:12:34(Timecheck).
By the way "CPC emit train on trigger" work in 06.
CPC... does not work for me. sforget's posting confirmed this.
I wanted the trigger to be activated by loco passing the trigger!

I must have misread these threads as I thought for CPC... to work in 2006 timecheck had to be inserted.

Ah well, just have to continue with "emit train now".

[quote=ess1;173454 this.
I wanted the trigger to be activated by loco passing the trigger!

Go to serveyor, put trigger on the track(green colour), give him the name and in Edit session find "trigger rule".

I use CPC every day and work.

Ess1
This are the different rules."Trigger rule" and "CPC emit train on trigger". When you will open "Trigger rule" you must put in the name of the trigger. I hope that you will find him.
Cheers

celje,

Thanks for prompt reply. Believe me, I have done all this when TRS 2006 first came out! For me, as confirmed by sforget, rules are not designed for TRS 2006.

I will, however try again and let you all know. Cross your fingers:)

Back