Routes, sessions linked?

Ghost42

When you download a route from the dls do the associated sessions come with it or do you have to go looking for them?
The session name may not be an obvious clue.
I have a route to upload and the session is an integral part of the 'story'.
Some guidance here please.
Rog

It's usually the other way round - if you have a session, it will look for the route if you haven't got it installed.

Shane

I suggest you add a clear list of currently made sessions in the description of the route. That should give the downloader a hint.
Alternatively, you could add the name of the route to the beginning of the name of the session to make it look obvious.

I suggest you add a clear list of currently made sessions in the description of the route. That should give the downloader a hint.
Alternatively, you could add the name of the route to the beginning of the name of the session to make it look obvious.

Thanks, good suggestion.
The move to ts12 is frustrating me, most of the decent routes that I had with 2010 are missing, converting '10 to '12 I find is a real pain.
Rog

Missing? You mean "not part of the game"?
The good news is you should be able to import the content from TS2010 into TS12. I don't know how though, as I bought TS2010 after I already had TS12 running.

Yes I did mean in '12 format, I have imported a couple of routes but there is a lot of work to be done for run them to run flawlessly in '12.
The only reason I have ts12 is due to the dropping of support for ts2010.

You can import the routes in TS2010 into TS12 by placing the JA files from TS2010 into the same folder as TS12. I renamed my JA files so they wouldn't overwrite each other. Once that's done, you then start TS12 and let it run a database repair to integrate the content. You'll then get a bunch of updates that need installing and a very, very, long validation. I suggest viewing database processes so you can see when the validation completes.

John

John - you've missed one stage from your process.

The serial number from the TS2010 needs to be added into the Trainz Options box in TS12 in order to trigger the database repair.

Shane

Back