Replace Assets

jawais84

Hello all,

This will be my first post, so please be gentle. :D

To keep it short, I've laid quite a bit of track and I've got everything laid out just right... I'm afraid of losing it all just to change the track. The only way I can see possible is to delete it and relay the track... :confused:

I stumbled across the 'Replace Assets' and I've tried selecting different things and I must be missing a shortcut key, key combo, or mouse & key combo to select items to actually get what I need selected.

Any tips, suggestions? Am I SOL?

You don't say which version you have, you should in future as it makes helping easier. You mention the 'Replace assets' so I assume TS2010 or TS2009. Replace Asset works with track. To use it find the original track in the body of the track menu, left click and drag it across into the To Be Replaced window. Then find the track you want and drag that to the Replace With window. Click 'Replace' and it's done.

You have to select in the main list, not the one highlighted in the window at the top.

A tip, when you have a function that you re not sure about like this one, make a new board, lay some track and replace it. You can replace textures, objects, virtually anything as long as they are the tame type. Experiment, there are many good things in these later versions that are not immediately obvious.

Peter

Last edited:
You open the "change assets dropdown then you have the Rails tab open and selected to what rail you would like to change now you left click and drag the name of that rail to the left hand side of the "replace assetts box. you then go to the rail you would like, click and drag that new rail into the righthand department of the "replace asett box then hit ok button and in an instant all track will change into the one you prefer. Dead easy. It will not alter the layout in any way.

Thanks!

Good point. I do apologize. I'm using TS2009.

I will do the backup!

And it did exactly what i was looking for!

Thank you guys! (like in Wayne's World: I'm not worthy!):udrool:

Back