The bulk update/replace tool is still broken!

JCitron

Trainzing since 12-2003
The bulk update/replace tool is still broken.

When using selected area and selecting track for instance, everything gets replaced in the vicinity of the selection instead of just the track that's been selected. Prior to the last version, Build 122411, it worked fine but since that version including this one, it's no longer working properly.

I've been able to "fake out" the selection by selecting outside and away from the track, I can update what I want but that doesn't always work due to positioning and location because of other similar track in the area.

Yet another thing that was not fixed if it was reported prior to this rushed release.

The bulk update/replace tool is still broken.

When using selected area and selecting track for instance, everything gets replaced in the vicinity of the selection instead of just the track that's been selected. Prior to the last version, Build 122411, it worked fine but since that version including this one, it's no longer working properly.

I've been able to "fake out" the selection by selecting outside and away from the track, I can update what I want but that doesn't always work due to positioning and location because of other similar track in the area.

Yet another thing that was not fixed if it was reported prior to this rushed release.
I am having trouble with TRS19 bulk replace in Build 117009. Anyone else? I can delete then add the replacement spline one at a time but not in bulk. I cant get the Replace With spline into the replacement tool. Typing nor dragging work?

I am having trouble with TRS19 bulk replace in Build 117009. Anyone else? I can delete then add the replacement spline one at a time but not in bulk. I cant get the Replace With spline into the replacement tool. Typing nor dragging work?
Splines couldn't be replaced in older versions such as in TRS19.

I only use build TRS19 100240 (before any service pack) for any serious route building

Bulk Asset replace works for:
-Ground textures
-Scenery
-Tracks
-Trackside
-Scenery Splines

It does not work for:
-Bridges
-Tunnels
-multiple track
-Industry
-Turntables
-Crossings
-Trains/Consist

edited ty Deane

Last edited:
It was user my user error. I am just learning how to use the bulk replace tool. I discovered its necessary to pick the 'Asset to Update With' from the list of available assets and not the asset in the selected box.

Back