Replace Asset Tool and Height

dricketts

Trainz Luvr since 2004
This topic was brought up in another thread but I wanted to post here to hopefully raise visibility and find a solution.

I'm moving a route I've been working on for years to TANE. The route has over a thousand speedtreez on it. Over the years I've strategically adjusted the height of many of these trees below ground level to give a very realistic appearance of thick undergrowth.

It seems current state of TS2010 while using the replace asset tool is the height does not transfer to the new asset while the rotation does.

Could a line of code be added anywhere to TS2010 to give the replace asset tool this ability?

Thank you in advance for any feedback or advice.

Last edited:
My question is, "Does a 2010 route even work in TAME?" I did not think they were compatible because of changes to grid structure, etc. 2010 and TS12 are not interchangeable for similar reasons.

My question is, "Does a 2010 route even work in TAME?" I did not think they were compatible because of changes to grid structure, etc. 2010 and TS12 are not interchangeable for similar reasons.

Yes they work just fine in TANE. So back to my original post. :)

I doubt that you will get any more support for TS10, as even TS12 is due to be unsupported this September, so no more SP's for even TS12 either.

I doubt that there is a code in a JA file which could be "cracked", that would do this function

No matter where you place a new thread about this, it appears that the idea is dead in the water

It just doesn't make sense why the TS2010 replace asset tool would remember rotation but not height. Using logic one would think it's an easy addition.

is the route for distriution? There's an akward work-around if it isn't but its kinda complicated to explain and if the route is for distribution it's not worth trying to explain cuz it won't work...

:)

is the route for distriution? There's an akward work-around if it isn't but its kinda complicated to explain and if the route is for distribution it's not worth trying to explain cuz it won't work...

:)

Hey Dermmy! Haven't talked to you in a while.

No it's currently not for distribution. I'd like it to be one day though. It's my Frisco High Line Route linked in my signature banner.

I lurk about the place but don't post much any more...

Okay - workaround if the route is not for distribution: You have tree <Kuid2:1234:5678:n> . You find the replacement tree and clone it. Move the clone to the desktop and change its kuid to <Kuid2:1234:5678:n+1>. Import and commit. The sim now thinks it is loading an update of the original tree and will leave it sunk in the ground exacly as far as the trees it is replacing. Actually I normally inrease the revision number (n) by about 20. you won't get caught out by any 'real' updates that way.

As stated though - useless if the route is to be distributed....

Remember my ultimate goal is get the route into TANE with working speedtreez and I don't have TS2012.

On on the surface I think your workaround makes sense. Following your advice I can replace my speedtreez in TS2010 using the cloning method. Then import the route into TANE and replace the trees once again with updated TANE compatible speedtreez.

What do you think?

Last edited:
That'll get trees into Tane but I have no idea if Replace Assets in Tane retains adjusted height data. If it doesn't your back with replacement trees standing too tall....

That'll get trees into Tane but I have no idea if Replace Assets in Tane retains adjusted height data. If it doesn't your back with replacement trees standing too tall....

Yes TANE does retain the adjusted height data. My problem was TS2010 does not. The old version of speedtreez need to replaced with something in TS2010 or TS2012 before importing into TANE. Once this is done the items can be replaced again in TANE.

I think your solution just might work. :D I'll give it a shot in the next few days and report back.

Thanks a million for your idea.

Last edited:
Back