Reloading Builtin Texture

boleyd

While fiddling with a clone of a texture I messed up the original builtin. Is there a way to force a DLS reload since a builtin can't be deleted?

Built-ins aren't on the DLS, but right-click/revert should reload it from the .ja files (I think).

Paul

Are you sure that none of the built-ins are on the DLS? My explorations seem to suggest that at least some of the items built into the game which were not originally created by Auran, are on the DLS.

ns

Some are but some are not.
The Build 40040 TS09 groundtextures are not, they are updated versions of what is on DLS.
There is a command to make a Builtin go back to what it was before modifying, cannot remember the keyboard shortcut but Right-Click the item, choose Edit fromthe menu and a flyout menu appears, I believe the choice there is Revert to Orginal.

Revert took me to a set of files that was really messed up. As an example ".txt" was missing at the end of the name.

Content Manager (40040) seems to prevent deletes of built-ins. Then you cannot reload from DLS because the item is already there. All the TS09_nn textures are on the DLS.

I need some way to tell the Content Manager it is ok to load the messed up texture from the DLS.

Are you sure that none of the built-ins are on the DLS? My explorations seem to suggest that at least some of the items built into the game which were not originally created by Auran, are on the DLS.

ns

Sorry, I should clarify - negative kuid numbers (i.e. Auran created)are not on the DLS. Some 3rd party items on the DLS have been built into subsequent versions of Trainz.

Paul

Back