Rear Markers for tenders and cabeese

Absolutly amazing, Todd! Bravo!

Here, we see an RGS Fan club excusion on the RGS, passing a frieght.
Screen_281.jpg

Of the information I've gathered from this site, http://riogranderoster.home.att.net/cab.htm

0400 is owned by Lindsey Ashby and is at the CRRM
0401 was on display in Boulder, until it was blown apart by vandals
0402 is now at Knott's Berry Farm
0403?
0404 is owned by the CRRM

-DRGW489

Great picture there 489 :) Who's on the head end of the excursion?

I'll have to check my books tonight. I have several of the "RGS Story" books. In particular I have the one that lists all the loco's and rolling stock. I'll see if it has the disposition of the 0403. The reason I haven't done 0403 yet is because it doesn't have the Sunrise herald on it. I have to make a new texture for that one. But, I think I will be doing that one.

The fate of 0401 just makes me sick... :( People can be so idiotic...

Regards,
Todd

Great picture there 489 :) Who's on the head end of the excursion?

I'll have to check my books tonight. I have several of the "RGS Story" books. In particular I have the one that lists all the loco's and rolling stock. I'll see if it has the disposition of the 0403. The reason I haven't done 0403 yet is because it doesn't have the Sunrise herald on it. I have to make a new texture for that one. But, I think I will be doing that one.

Regards,
Todd

I couldn't find anything about the 0403, however, I did find a new one, the 0409. I find it intresting, because the 0409 seems to have a box-headlight on the cupila. An RGS thing maybe?
00400780.jpg

Robert Richardson, Denver Public Library.

This next picture may be too much for some to bare.:confused: You have been warned!

00006030.jpg

REMAINS OF 0401. DENVER PUBLIC LIBRARY:'(

You know, I wasn't to particulally intrested in the RGS, but now I'm slowly being sucked into the history of this railroad just like I was the D&RGW and the SPNG! :hehe:

EDIT: I found it! http://rgsrr.home.comcast.net/~rgsrr/rgs/tline4.html
1948 Caboose 0403 is hit by a runaway flatcar loaded with bridge timbers. The timbers flew off the flat and literally destroyed one end of the caboose. The caboose was scrapped a short time later

-DRGW489

Tell me about it.

Most of the cars you see in the first 28 photos were left unattended in Downtown Birmingham for 20 years. That's just inviting the homeless to move in, steal everything of worth, and torch the cars when they have territory disputes.

There was a stainless car that was torched during preparations for the movement of all the remaining cars to Calera back in 2001. We couldn't save it. :'(

That big box light on top of the cupola of 0409 was probably an early version of a marker light, or possibly it was an answer to using that caboose in a lot of reverse switching moves during the night time hours..............:wave::wave::wave:

@489: Yeah, I found some stuff on the 0409 today also. The lantern on the top was original equipment on all RGS cabeese in the early days. They seem to have disappeared from the cupollas mostly in the mid to late 40's. Now, I do recall reading about the 0403. Thanks for the find. I grew up a diehard D&RGW fan. Then my Dad sent me his copy of the Silver San Juan about 5 years ago. I've been hooked on the RGS ever since. :)

@Ferrous: That's very sad...

@Betsy662: Nice shots. I'm glad you got them up and running.

Regards,
Todd

Hmm...silly question, but did you grab the general parts pack from just above the cabeese? Maybe the other files are in some of his other cabeese? I grabbed the general parts, DL'd the cabeese, and I am only missing kuid2:43955:50004:1.

Yeah, I'm missing that too

The general parts are easy to miss, just downloading those fixes it.........:wave::wave::wave:

No, the 50004 kuid. I've downloaded the general parts and all four cabeese. 0404 doesn't need it, neither does 0400. Anyway, awesome job prowler!

Back