Read-only Route Files

mononlaf

What causes route files to be read only, and how do you unlock them?

Working in TRS 2006 I've been trying to merge 3 routes. Merged the first 2 and all went well. Merged the third to the new map and the new 3-part map became a read-only file. Now, if I so much as change a trackmark, I have to save under a new name - and any sessions I have connected to the old name don't transfer.

The main map is middle-sized, but the other two are fairly small.

I looked at my route files' properties in the CMP editor - all are shown as read only. But with all but the one I'm talking about, I can make changes and save the file without changing its name. Furthermore, for the one that insists on a new name with each save, I have tried unchecking the read only property, but it does not 'take'. Next time I look, it is read only again.

Suggestions will be appreciated!

Dick

This is a BUG in 2006 software.

My route is HUGE in size. I can't use SAVE or AUTO SAVE anymore.

This is a SIZE related bug, as far as I can tell. Once it happens all but one session gets detached and you will have to use CMP to re-attach the sessions . . . but you lose them again when you change anything on the route.

IT SUCKS THE BIG ONE !! but what can we do ?

Auran has no plans to fix this bug . . . none that I know of anyway.

Thanks for the response, Edion2 - not what I wanted to hear, but....

A below-the-belt blow! Wonder if TC has that bug?

Thanks, again,

Dick

Or try TRS 2004, I have a "monster" route in mine of over 250 base boards of joined different routes.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Back