Re-skinning troubles (not appropriate file type)

kaw4014

I just re-skinned the WP&L Generating Plant from JR to my own name (Dolphus M. Grainger Generating Plant in Conway, SC). I re-did the paint.net file to how I wanted it and saved the changes. I then went to Submit Edits and it say "not correct file type. Here's a screenshot of that:
The bottom part is what shows up when I right-click on the highlighted message above and hit "View Errors and Warnings"

Here is what I see in File Explorer:
image2

I'm not used to working with files like this. I'm hoping for an easy fix.

What happens if you save all the images as .tga files and re-submit? The .texture.txt files are calling for .tga format, not paint.net format, whatever that is.

Last edited:
I just re-skinned the WP&L Generating Plant from JR to my own name (Dolphus M. Grainger Generating Plant in Conway, SC). I re-did the paint.net file to how I wanted it and saved the changes. I then went to Submit Edits and it say "not correct file type. Here's a screenshot of that:
The bottom part is what shows up when I right-click on the highlighted message above and hit "View Errors and Warnings"

Here is what I see in File Explorer:
image2

I'm not used to working with files like this. I'm hoping for an easy fix.

You need to save it as a .tga. .pdn is a proprietary file format not unlike that of a .psd, photoshop's image format. .pdn and .psd are used to save and store images with layers, while .tga or .png is used for single-layer images. Trainz requires single-layer images, so when saving your image, make sure to do Ctrl+Shift+S and save as a .tga.

Back