Quick Question: Free Play mode

camscott

I've recentley downloaded The Settle and Carlisle add on pack and i'm having a problem. In Microsoft Train Simulator, You were able to select an engine and train and "Explore the route" so to speak. Then I find out that with the add on pack for Trainz I can't. I can only do activities. Do I have to get The Trainz 2009 edition too to enable something like this?

Hi,

IIRC the S&C pack has the Driver and Content modules - but not Surveyor.

Surveyor is used to create the whole layout - and to modify the scenarios (lets you add different rollingstock, drivers and commands for them).

However I think that you could load one of the existing scenarios,
Now select a driver (not in CAb view!) and you'll see a list of command icon on the bottom of the screen.

Click in this lsir - then choose "abandon schedule" to clear all of these, or "stop train" to halt the AI driver.

You shuld be able to use the cab controls to drive - or add the "navigate to" commands to expore.

(I've got the 2009:WBE version as well so it's possible I'm wrong)

Colin

To use the 'quickdrive' tool, you can go into Driver, and then select the name of the route. Down at the bottom right corner will be a 'quick drive' tool. Click this, and then start placing the trains that you wish to drive. Please note that this is not a session as such, and will not appear in the sessions list when you exit.

Zec

Back