Question about sessions.

chrisracer8903

Michigan Trainz
I was wondering today if a route with Portals can have the ability to produce random AI traffic that has a specific path from Portal to Portal where trains come thrue at a certain amount of time and the trains are randomly created based on a list of cars/ locos allowed to use to make sessions's AI traffic "un-predictable" and make every time in the session different. Is this possible in any way. If so, please tell me. -Chris

Hi,

You can setup a Portal to have different consists based on what you would like to be produced, you can then issue driver commands where to go, like a second Portal for example.

So in Surveyor, you can setup a Portal to have say 8 consists with drivers to drive to another Portal every 10 minutes and randomly select one to produce. The only thing you couldn't random is the time in between each consist.

Each time you do the session it will be different.

I have this setup on my layout, one Portal is setup to produce a consist every 10 minutes and it random picks one from a list of 10 consists, the drivers have orders to drive via about 10 trackmarks to get to the other Portal where they are consumed. While another Portal is setup to produce a consist every 12 minutes and it randomly picks one from a list of 3, the drivers have orders to drive via a few trackmarks to get to a industry, load then continue to another Portal to be consumed.

This produces more AI traffic on the layout.

Hope this helps... :)

Back