Question about road traffic without splines

rogueranger1993

Narrow Gauge Enthusiast
Okay, so I was watching Approach Medium's second video on the Dry Brook & Esopus Valley RR build, and in it he had moving traffic without using road splines, since he was painting his roads directly with texdtures.

My question is, does anyone know how this is done? I'm very curious to know, because I'd like to try and use it myself.

He uses invisible roads.

These are actually road splines that do not show up in driver and are laid down like any other road.

They have their advantages and disadvantages and usefulness depending on the situation.

In an earlier version of Trainz, there was a built-in route that was a large city with PCC street cars and elevated rapid transit. Virtually the entire city had textured streets with invisible road splines in place of regular road splines. I believe the route's name was Municipal Transit Railroad, so the OP may want to look at this to see what was done.

One downside of this is you will have to use fairly wide sidewalks, which the route comes with. Otherwise, texturing will be messy. Also, if you want to have some of this technique but also have regular road splines, getting the asphalt textures and splines to match visually will be challenging.

But this technique can result in nice-looking large open paved spaces with cars running through that you would see in European cities. Worth a look for sure.

In an earlier version of Trainz, there was a built-in route that was a large city with PCC street cars and elevated rapid transit. Virtually the entire city had textured streets with invisible road splines in place of regular road splines. I believe the route's name was Municipal Transit Railroad, so the OP may want to look at this to see what was done.

One downside of this is you will have to use fairly wide sidewalks, which the route comes with. Otherwise, texturing will be messy. Also, if you want to have some of this technique but also have regular road splines, getting the asphalt textures and splines to match visually will be challenging.

But this technique can result in nice-looking large open paved spaces with cars running through that you would see in European cities. Worth a look for sure.

There's a couple of TS12 SP1 HF4 versions on the DLS. I had downloaded one of them ages ago and the route is done quite well.

Here's the one I downloaded into TANE and there was no issue loading it, meaning no need to replace trees or do anything other than create a session to operate it.

<kuid:1020894:100001> Municipal Transit Railroad

Back