Question about Superelevating Splines

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
I've got a question regarding superelevating splines: I want to superelevate a road to recreate a small racetrack like those you find in the small towns across the country. The only problem is that I can't superelevate the roads to recreate the banking of the racetrack, however, I can superelevate a nearby power line. Could someone explain how this is possible, someone with a little more knowledge about how the superelevation system works? I'm trying to create a fictional version of Newport Speedway, which my dad hasn't been to, even though he was born in the town it was named after, but he did go to it's predecessor, Tennessee-Carolina Speedway, which was at the Cocke County Fairgrounds, and since been demolished. Here's a Google Maps view of Newport Speedway: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Newport+Speedway/@36.01725,-83.2115163,755m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x885bc1a814320069:0xe73a52db5af9ebb7!8m2!3d36.01725!4d-83.2093276

I recommend dissecting the power line to see what the difference is. It could be the road you are using.

The alternative is to use "road" tracks and train racecarz.

Since this is a real track, then you could then super-elevate the curves.

To be honest, I would go this route since it's probably easier unless you want to fiddle, or perhaps learn something about it.

hi Jordon,
you could try to add the following tag to the "Track Part Container" of a road
use-superelevation 1
Good chance it needs a more modern config.txt for kind track

let me know if you get it working, maybe I can make racetrack Zandvoort in my country :)

later.. it works but carz stay straight

Last edited:
I recommend dissecting the power line to see what the difference is. It could be the road you are using.

The alternative is to use "road" tracks and train racecarz.

Since this is a real track, then you could then super-elevate the curves.

To be honest, I would go this route since it's probably easier unless you want to fiddle, or perhaps learn something about it.

Can you give me the kuids for that?

hi Jordon,
you could try to add the following tag to the "Track Part Container" of a road
use-superelevation 1
Good chance it needs a more modern config.txt for kind track

let me know if you get it working, maybe I can make racetrack Zandvoort in my country :)

later.. it works but carz stay straight

How were you able to get that? I add the tag 'use-superelevation 1' and the cloned road becomes faulty, saying 'VE45: The tag 'use-superelevation' is not permitted within a container of type 'track'', and I'm using a trainz-build 4.6 road, a clone of euromodeller's 'EMTS Road 2 Lanes 00 No Traffic', <kuid:166065:112144>.

the essential parts can be found in the config
Code:
kuid                                    <kuid:99999:9966>
username                                "Race Track test"
kind                                    "track"
istrack                                 1
isroad                                  1
carrate                                 1
isfreeway             			1
numlanes               			2
traffic-speed                           83
trainz-build                            4.6
category-class                          "SR"
category-region                         "US"
category-era                            "2010s"
description                             "highway spline with markings and carz.
mesh N3V Games, superelevation race update by GM, its found in tracks"
author                                  "GM"
license                                 "Freeware only, test only, 
not to be placed on the DLS cause has fake unneeded lods oversized textures and contradictory tags"

mesh-table {
bla bla 
}

track {
use-superelevation 1
mesh-length 12
track-lod-tree   {
bla bla
}

I used both istrack and isroad and isfreeway 1, it will choose to be placed from the track tab in surveyor
in the track container is the super-elevation bit

Can you give me the kuids for that?

Here are some here:

<kuid2:97008:60402:2> RoadTrack 1 Side
<kuid2:97008:60405:1> RoadTrack Broken-line
<kuid2:97008:60406:1> RoadTrack Full-Broken-line
<kuid2:97008:60407:1> RoadTrack Full-Full-line
<kuid2:97008:60403:1> RoadTrack Full-line
<kuid2:97008:60404:1> RoadTrack Middle

There are many more on the DLS

Presenting: Lumby Speedway - Home of the Highland Valley 200!

Lumby Speedway may be small, but it has a loyal following. Every Saturday night, local racers come to the track to battle it out to see who's the best racer in the area. The biggest event on the racetrack's calendar is the Highland Valley 200, a 200-lap race for a $10,000 purse. This is where legends are made.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Back