TRS19 is not working correctly

nickbraduk

Hi guys,

I am so frustrated right now.

My problems began when I first installed TRS19 on my D drive, because naturally, my C drive is my boot drive and I knew right off the bat that there wouldn't be enough room for the game on there and I was fine with that, I wanted it on the C drive. I began creating a route and after about 10 hours of creating google images, importing them into the game, laying them out, placing track etc..... I realise that some assets from the download station would be good, also i was tired of seeing that I had loads of downloads queued, (I'm guessing as a result of content I had on TANE previously). Anyway, I hit "download all" and that's where the trouble started. It seems that Auran/Trainz thought they knew batter than me and were going to install the dlc on the C drive without asking where I wanted it, which i didn't think anything of as I had already told them I wanted the game on the D drive, so naturally i assumed the dlc would follow suit. Inevitably, I ran out of space and then realise why. Okay, found the solution and set up the correct destination for dlc's.

I followed the instructions for moving the existing content, however must have messed up as I lost my route and all of the work I'd put into it. So, after a couple of days of resignation and only 1 video made for my series so far, I went about rebuilding it all, only now, I go to record the second video and TRS is now acting really weird. Regardless of what resolution I set, whether I run it in full screen or not, if I drag the window out to a larger size, as soon as i click off of the game tab, it shrinks itself to about 1/3rd of the screen size and loses the tob bar, so I cannot change the screen, make it full window, heck I cannot even close it. If I have the audacity to tab off of it a 2nd time, it becomes a ghost in that it's there on the taskbar, but I cannot select it or anything. The only way to close it is to go to task manager. Also, this is affecting my ability to attempt to record it as OBS sees it as a postage stamp and I have tried everything to reset it to the previous settings, even going so far as to delete the scene and create a new one. I know the problem isn't really OBS though, as the issues exist without having OBS running.

I did think I'd try deleting the game and reinstalling, but I cannot even do that as when I uninstalled it, it stated that 10 files couldn't be deleted. I have just tried deleting the folder manually from my system and it will not allow me to do so because apparently the folder is in use. I am so angry right now, if there is any way of getting a refund for the game, I absolutely would, but instead I am resorting to asking you kind people for help as I cannot find how to ask Auran directly/submit a ticket.

Firstly press Ctrl/Alt/Delete and select task manager to stop all trainz activity. The default location of the data is on the C drive, the main programme is on the D drive. Open trainz/settings/install. this shows the path to the data folder. Cut the build folder and paste on your D drive somewhere. Now change trainz/settings/install to the new location. Windows needs space on the C drive for temporary use. You may have tried to install into the data folder on the D drive.

Click here http://support.trainzportal.com/ to submit a ticket. If can't find the category, choose the other and create your own ticket from scratch. You will need to sign in to access these options using your My Trainz account.

The screen resolution thing. Ensure you are running windowed and not full screen and clicking away doing so can cause issues with the graphics, and you have chosen the correct resolution for your monitor. Since things have been buggered by using task manager, you should do a database repair once you connect to your old database. This will only work of course once you reinstall the program.

There's a chance your data is still there from your previous install. Go into settings on the Launcher and install, and search for the data folder and select it. That would have connected to your data.

Regarding your install you are trying to delete. I ran into this the other day and rebooted my computer and I was able to delete the files. The issue is the fonts used were in use, and the reboot released the files.

...only now, I go to record the second video and TRS is now acting really weird.

What did you do to set up for the recording? Is that what OBS is? It is likely that whatever you installed to enable screen capture does not cooperate properly with Trainz. Even if it's not actually running it will have changed something in your video settings..

Firstly press Ctrl/Alt/Delete and select task manager to stop all trainz activity. The default location of the data is on the C drive, the main programme is on the D drive. Open trainz/settings/install. this shows the path to the data folder. Cut the build folder and paste on your D drive somewhere. Now change trainz/settings/install to the new location. Windows needs space on the C drive for temporary use. You may have tried to install into the data folder on the D drive.

I was doing the Ctrl/Alt/Delete to stop trainz, it became the only way to actually close the program. I figured out how to change the data install folder and followed the instructions found on this page http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki to move the content across, but it still broke my own created route. The game was installed exactly how Auran wanted, I didn't change anything about the install until last night when I deleted the program to start again. Essentially, I followed your advice before you posted it, as stated in my OP. Thank you anyway for trying to assist. :)

Click here http://support.trainzportal.com/ to submit a ticket. If can't find the category, choose the other and create your own ticket from scratch. You will need to sign in to access these options using your My Trainz account.

The screen resolution thing. Ensure you are running windowed and not full screen and clicking away doing so can cause issues with the graphics, and you have chosen the correct resolution for your monitor. Since things have been buggered by using task manager, you should do a database repair once you connect to your old database. This will only work of course once you reinstall the program.

There's a chance your data is still there from your previous install. Go into settings on the Launcher and install, and search for the data folder and select it. That would have connected to your data.

Regarding your install you are trying to delete. I ran into this the other day and rebooted my computer and I was able to delete the files. The issue is the fonts used were in use, and the reboot released the files.

Thanks for the ticket link, I managed to get the folder to go in the end by doing just as you said, (restarting the pc,) this game has many peculiarities and I'm not sure I want to continue and learn them all. I will persist for now though. I'm sure that link will come in handy in future.

I id have the run full screen mode ticked, which upon this reinstall I have left unticked. OBS prefers programs to generally be in full screen, but I have a feeling I selected the option AFTER recording my first video, which makes sense why i was able to successfully record using OBS on both this and TANE in the past.

What did you do to set up for the recording? Is that what OBS is? It is likely that whatever you installed to enable screen capture does not cooperate properly with Trainz. Even if it's not actually running it will have changed something in your video settings..

OBS is a recording software, yes. It's the most popular one for streaming/content creation and as stated above, it worked before and no settings have been altered in OBS since that time. I have also successfully recorded other games since that. I do believe that setting the game to run in full screen was my mistake there, I don't have multiple screens yet so I do need to tab in and out whilst having trainz running, which seems to be a problem with full screen mode.

Moving on from these, I did manage to delete all folders, reinstall the base game and begin by moving the data install folder destination to my d drive BEFORE installing any extra content. I had backed up the data both automatically, (moved the automatic file to my external E drive,) and manually using the information here, http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Manage_Backups however, upon reinstalling, I cannot reinstall my route because of a missing dependency. This is odd, because I had only used default track up to this point and my own created tiles from google, when I checked, sure enough, the kuid is nothing I recognise and all of my tiles are installed. I found the folder in the automatic backup with that ID and it's empty, I tried installing it anyway and now instead of a missing dependency, I have a faulty one. I guess 3rd time is the charm with making the route.

I wonder if there's a way of stopping the tiles from loading in at 90 degrees to their original orientation, it's a pain turning each one as I relay them.......

Back