Purchase content removed

QR1408

Not having used TRS 2019 for some time I was surprised to find that all the items I'd previously bought from Trainz store had disappeared. So now I have to download them again, marvellous! Has anyone else had this happen? maybe the wonderful Tony Hilliam can explain this?

No, I have never had that experience in a version of Trainz where the DLC had been installed. It happens when upgrading from an older version (e.g. T:ANE to TRS19) but the installed DLC is still present in the older install (e.g T:ANE). If I decide to add the content to the newer version (e.g. TRS19) it has to be downloaded and installed because the two installs (T:ANE and TRS19) are completely independent of each other.

Are you certain that the items have "disappeared" (whatever you mean by that)? Have you checked them in CM? Have they simply been disabled some how?

Not having used TRS 2019 for some time I was surprised to find that all the items I'd previously bought from Trainz store had disappeared. So now I have to download them again, marvellous! Has anyone else had this happen? maybe the wonderful Tony Hilliam can explain this?

This is normally a sign your database needs repairing. The items are still on your hard drive but the database has lost track of them. Make sure any virus/malware scanning software is not scanning your Trainz install folder or your content folder. Run a DBR or a EDBR and it should straighten it out.

They weren't in TS2019 so I had to DL from the store again. Also custom content including routes I'd been working on are no longer in the programme. They may be in documents folder. I hadn't used TS2019 for about 6 months as I'd been using combat flight sims and Train Simulator.

They weren't in TS2019 so I had to DL from the store again. Also custom content including routes I'd been working on are no longer in the programme. They may be in documents folder. I hadn't used TS2019 for about 6 months as I'd been using combat flight sims and Train Simulator.

This sounds like you are using a different content folder. If you are not connected to the original data-folder, then your database will default to a small set of built-in assets.

I suspect that you would be correct John, I can think of no other way of this happening
This sounds like you are using a different content folder. If you are not connected to the original data-folder, then your database will default to a small set of built-in assets.

Back